Ram/memory problems....

i wish there was a fliping way i had 100000000000000000000$ and could buy one of them alienware computers and wouldnt have to spend my time trying to figure out how to fix this. i flipping HATE compaq. i never should have bought this computer. but anyway ty guys anyway

As a former owner of an old Compaq, the best thing to do is to become a former owner of a Compaq as soon as possible.
Dave:)

I'd say to stop using kingston ram. We have over 400 machines at work that just plain crash or fail to boot with kingston ram installed, be it the dell servers or the servers we built ourselves.

yeap. i think thats the problem. im trying to get my money back so i can get some GOOD ram instead of "valueram"

What im going to try is... My brother has 2x 256 mb (idk brand but NOT kingston) and try it in my computer. If the memtest86+ says that it is sucessful, then its not my mobo or bios. But if the ram does not work and fails...it is my mobo or bios. Hopefully his ram is pc3200. But i contacted kingston about the ram again and they said "we do not test valueram in brand name computers" so i said "so i wasted 130$ because you guys didnt test this product?? and they are like "can you give me all the numbers on each ram??

[edit]
They sent me a shipping label to send them my ram *free* and i send them both my ram sticks and they are suppose to send me "ram that works"..problem is. idk how long that will be

Last edited:
i wish there was a fliping way i had 100000000000000000000$ and could buy one of them alienware computers and wouldnt have to spend my time trying to figure out how to fix this. i flipping HATE compaq. i never should have bought this computer. but anyway ty guys anyway
Your best bet would be to do some reading and build your own. Those alienware may look nice but are a tad overpriced, compared to a DIYS (Do It Your Self) jobber. You can then take the extra money you save and put into even higher end parts. :)

Oh and just to make things more complicated it is always possible that the 2nd RAM slot has gone bad somehow. If you got the $ and the time, you can always try Crucial. They guarantee that the RAM will work with your system if you use their "wizard" thingy.

Looking at all your posts I would suggest seeing if some friend or relative of your's has an extra graphics card around. Running onboard graphics with only 64 MB of ram dedicated to it may not handle things very well. if you can even find an extra card with even 64 on the board itself might help.

Again this sounds crazy but a very thorough disk defrag might possibly help as well. If the only time you are getting this error is in wow I doubt it is your ram and could be something else, but I think playing WoW extends the system to a point where it fails. May also want to see the temps the computer is running at, could be overheating.

Looking at all your posts I would suggest seeing if some friend or relative of your's has an extra graphics card around. Running onboard graphics with only 64 MB of ram dedicated to it may not handle things very well. if you can even find an extra card with even 64 on the board itself might help.

Again this sounds crazy but a very thorough disk defrag might possibly help as well. If the only time you are getting this error is in wow I doubt it is your ram and could be something else, but I think playing WoW extends the system to a point where it fails. May also want to see the temps the computer is running at, could be overheating.

I defragment my computer alot. and the overheating thing just MIGHT be a problem. infact i think that IS the problem. Another guy i saw posted tons of post on different fourms and he said he had the same problem as me. so i foudn this website of his (his post are really old now) and he has a "SR1710nx Mods" so i looked at it and he had put in a liquid cooler in it. it didnt say the reason but he had pictures. i wish i could get ahold of him. names Basskozz http://www.basskozz.com/

http://www.geocities.com/whydothis1000/step_by_step_vga.htm <-thats what i need to do. but idk how to do that though...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back