ram is missing on Post

IdCNinja

OSNN Newbie
Hi,
A friend told me about this place and seems amazing. So here is my problem, I went and picked up 2 more gigs of ram last night from a local Frys store.. Came home and installed, but on post it showed as 3200MB.. So thinking that I had a bad stick, started the process of taking a stick out and booting, post/windows showed as ~3078(i forget the exact number) and started to swap out the dimm's and all came back as the same..
After looking online w/ google and trying to figure it out I am totally lost. So any help would be great. The box is ~4-6weeks old
and specs are:

Windows Vista Ultimate - (6.0.6000)
cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz at 2394MHz
gfx: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
ram: 1311/3198.5MB (40.99%) [||||------]
hdd: C:\ 238.14GB/465.76GB E:\ 409.05GB/465.76GB

Thanks in advance guy,
IDC

LordOfLA

Godlike!
There is probably a setting in your bios to stop hiding the remaining RAM. some boards hide the ram that 32bit windows wouldn't be able to see to prevent known issues with XP/Vista 32bit and more than 2GB of ram.

IdCNinja

OSNN Newbie
oh ok.. so some bios block the max amount of windows XP/Vista allows (3gigs).. i will check that.. thanks :D you guys are good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR