RAID Problem with Blown Mobo

J

joshuajme

yo ppl,

I have a Gigabyte 7dXR+ mobo and it has just blown (my own fault for not turning off power plug at wall b4 reconnecting it) and I have learnt the hard way, anyhow.

If i buy the exact same mobo any1 reckon I will be able to put my existing RAID 0 array on it without formatting the disks, seeing as though they wil be the exact same controllers with the cables in the exact same ide ports. What do ya all reckon?

If most people reckon i wil have 2 format I would rather get a better mobo with better tech support, gigbytes web site dont even have a number for me to shout at them through , shocking I tell ya.

Well I haven't done much RAIDing but I know RAID 0 is pretty sensitive. If it's the same model it could work I guess. Suppose you'll have to try it. It's not like you have a choise, is it?

well, losing the data isnt the end of the world. But wif re installion and re activation I would rather save myself the time. If it aint gona work without formatting on the same mobo then I want a mobo from a diff manufacturer because gigabyte tech support blows cos u dont have any1 to ring.

i have feeling it won't work, but not positive. raid is pretty sensitive.

might as well get a kt333 mobo this time. }:>

Personaly I can't see why it wouldn't work. You would have to set the board up in EXACTLY the same way though.

The only time you have a problem with raid is switching controllers... A Promise arrey does'nt work on a HighPoint...

I destroyed arrays then receatred them with out losing any info...
I've also replaced a drive,,, Booted,,, and found the Info still intact... Something that should not have happened...

Bottom line... It should work fine...

thanks for the advice guys, tbh its only 80 quid which i do have lying around at the mo. So im gonna buy the exact same mobo and let ya all know how its goes. Byeee.

it worked! So, proof that Raid configs can be quite flexible. Shame my gf4 is broken, but I have a return number from the peeps i bought it from and its on its way as I type. Back on my good old trusty gf2, although my bro is pee'd cos it had to come outta sumwhere : ).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back