RAID & Non-RAID?

G

Gouk

Whats the difference between a RAID and NON-RAID motherboard.

Also which motherboard is better:

ABIT KG7 RAID DDR

or

ABIT KR7A SKT A ATA133 RAID

THX! :D

the ata raid motherboards that are coming out recently have 2 additional ide ports on it so that you can set up usually 2 type of raid. Drive stripping which will turn 2 identical drives into 1 drive of double the size i.e. 2 20 gugs into 1 faster 40 gig. And drive mirroring that will mirror your main drive so that if you have a hard drive crash all your stuff is backed up. The other thing you can do is usually you can turn the raid off and just use it as regular ata ports in which case you can have 8 total ide devices in your system.
As for the motherboards i have no clue...i am an asus man been using them for awhile with no probs..havent heard to much about ABit though.
On a side note all you tech geeks like me would love where i live i live in silicon valley in a town called fremont, california and i am surrounded by all sorts of computers plants Creative AMD Intel ECS Tyan Asus its a beautiful area =P, you cant throw a stone without hitting one =)

and if your looking for a new motherboard go with asus's new one a7v333 i believe has built on raid/usb 2.0/firewire...its ata133 and uses the new ddr memory coming out. lol and for you customizers out there it comes with a utility that allows you to edit the bios flash screen =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back