Raid Drivers on setup

NathanA

OSNN Addict
So I'm trying to do a fresh install of WinXP on m new rig...and I have to have RAID drivers for it...it tells me to press f6 to install them...but when i press f6, nothing happens...it just keeps on going...what could be wrong??? and yes, my keyboard is working...lol ;)

NathanA said:
So I'm trying to do a fresh install of WinXP on m new rig...and I have to have RAID drivers for it...it tells me to press f6 to install them...but when i press f6, nothing happens...it just keeps on going...what could be wrong??? and yes, my keyboard is working...lol ;)

Same thing happened when I built my new rig with an SATA HD. How many drives are you installing? I wasn't installing a RAID array, but it still prompted me for the floppy later on, even though F6 didn't work. Is there any additional info you can provide?

Put drivers on floppy and push F6 then setup continues to load files. After loading files it will then check for the floppy driver disk.
Setup does not stop as soon as you press F6 as some think it should but rather after it completes loading files from CD.

yup just installed win xp on seagate sata harddisk a week ago, make sure you have your satadrivers on a ploppydisk press f6 and you will be ok.

Oh okay...didnt know that...first time to do RAID this way...also found out newegg.com sent me a bad floppy drive....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back