raid/ata?

Kush

High On Life!
i heard that ony my mobo the asus a7v333 you can use the raid as another ata easly without doing anything to complicated just stick in the cables. is that true? or what do i have to do exactly? i need more hard drives!:D

Yeah you should be able to. Might have to set a jumper and enable the controller in BIOS. Check your manual for exact details but it should not be anything to complicated.

before you hook drives up to it, make sure it's enabled in the bios, then make sure suitable drivers are installed for it in xp. once it looks good, go ahead and shut down and hook up some harddrives. leave your cd/dvd drives on the original ide channels, though.

wait...

wait so when i enable it and go into xp it will automaticlly find drivers for it??

If its a fast track or a high point raid controller your motherboard
cd should have the drivers on it.

ok

ok cool i cant wait till i get it back so i can buy new stuff!

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back