Raid 0

eddieb

OSNN Addict
I have been running raid 0 for about a year. I got bored one day a decided to remove raid and just run one drive. What I found was that there wasn't much difference between raid and no raid. Benchmarks almost the same. My question is: Is it possible I had raid setup wrong, or is raid not all it's cracked up to be. I went through my mobo manual to see if I had screwed up, but everthing checks out. Opinions?

RAID 0 would not give you a performance boost if you only had two drives. In other words, you set it up correctly (technically), but you didn't set it up to get better performance. Here's what I have setup on one of my machines:

1 x 80GB System drive (C: drive)

2 x 200GB Storage Drives RAID 0 (D: drive)

The only thing on the system drive is the operating system. All my applications are installed on D. This way, I benefit from the applications without the system slowing it down.

If you have just two drives, your perforance would be just as great as one big HD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back