• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Raid 0

eddieb

OSNN Addict
I have been running raid 0 for about a year. I got bored one day a decided to remove raid and just run one drive. What I found was that there wasn't much difference between raid and no raid. Benchmarks almost the same. My question is: Is it possible I had raid setup wrong, or is raid not all it's cracked up to be. I went through my mobo manual to see if I had screwed up, but everthing checks out. Opinions?

Reg

eXperienced!
RAID 0 would not give you a performance boost if you only had two drives. In other words, you set it up correctly (technically), but you didn't set it up to get better performance. Here's what I have setup on one of my machines:

1 x 80GB System drive (C: drive)

2 x 200GB Storage Drives RAID 0 (D: drive)

The only thing on the system drive is the operating system. All my applications are installed on D. This way, I benefit from the applications without the system slowing it down.

If you have just two drives, your perforance would be just as great as one big HD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi