Raid 0 upgrade

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
Greetings ....

Is there a way to add more drives to an existing Raid0 format? Is it somehow possibe to say ..take everything from the raid0 setup ..clone it on another single drive ..then clone it back to say 6 drives?

just add a disk and tell the controller its now part of the array - then expand your partitions :)

i understand the adding the disk to the array ... the nvidia raid controller in the bios does that ..but what about this expanding partition? What is that and how do i do it boss?

What's the practical limit for number of drives on a typical PC without going to an add in RAID controller card?

the number of ports you have available to plugin them into :)

Hhmmm...... :rolleyes: Maybe but I doubt it. I have one motherboard that has 8 SATA ports. I haven't tried running an 8 drive RAID array but I doubt that the built in controllers are up to running that many efficiently. Since I haven't tried to confirm this I may very well be wrong. Don't know.... That's why I asked.

you have two, 4 port controllers on boards with 8 ports. So you can have two 4 disk arrays.

Though we have an Adaptec SATA raid controller running 15 drives at work in raid5 mode.

i guess thats what i was eventually getting to. Nvidia Raid controller can only have 4 drives? So there is no way to set the other kind ... silicone image ...to set it to the existing raid setup?

right on then. I guess im searching for a pci e x1 card that can host more than 4 drives.

Hello,
How do I upgrade my two 80gig SATA drives in currently in striped in RAID to two 320gig SATA's in a striped raid configuration. My mainboard is the famous ASROCK 939 dual SATA. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back