Raid 0 array question

Hi...I recently purchased a new pc which is on a raid array 0 setup. I've had no experiences with raid as yet and was wondering if and when I need to do a fresh install of XP Home will I need to set up the array again in any way? or does it act just like a normal physical c drive set up when doing a fresh install?

Thanks...Colin

with mine you have to have 2 things. One raid array enabled in my bios. (shoudnt change with reinstall) but you also have to have the drivers for it during the install. If your using nforce 4 expect a headache but i can help you get by the problems if you need me to. Just recently did it. Please understand that raid 0 stripping is only for performace if you lose one drive out of the raid aray you lose all data. Just a reminder. :)

Hi VenomXt...thanks for the information, really appreciated :)

Also thanks for the offer of help - real kind of you, I'll bear it in mind if I run into any problems :)

Cheers...Colin

np. Just dont waste 4 hour learning how to do it backwards like i had to do. damn nvida and there non-releasing raid driver for nforce 4 arses.

VenomXt said:
np. Just dont waste 4 hour learning how to do it backwards like i had to do. damn nvida and there non-releasing raid driver for nforce 4 arses.

OH MAN tell me you are kidding?

I JUST bought my BFG 6800 GT

:(

and I was GOING to setup my Raid 0 this weekend...

I bought my second raptor.. so now it sounds like ti could be useless

GRRRRR

no not usless i figured out how to do it hehe you have to do it this way.

install Xp to one drive without raid drivers but enable raid 0 strip in bios.
then once in Xp use the nraid program to build the aray up on the other drive. Time consuming and *ucking annoying that you have to do this but it works. Been running stable for awhile now.

Don't all nVidia chipsets have a onboard raid management on the motherboard? This is how I set my Raid0 up before installing windows. No problems whatsoever.

you still have to have load the drivers in windows during a fresh install. You can enable and greate a aray in bios which is what you need to do. But to let windows do stuff with it you need the drivers. Which are very buggy for nforce 4. I wasent the only one having the problems (blue screens during installation) correct me if im wrong though.

I'm running a few seagates on raid0 with a promise chipset (Asus p4pe), and I have zero problems reinstalling.

Just keep the chipset drivers handy on a floppy for the reinstall, and don't forget to hit F6 when it prompts you.

Sorry I was thinking of the nForce 3. The only problem I had was windows couldn't read the disk that came with the mboard. Downloaded a new copy of the drivers and everything went well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back