Radeon > Geforce 4 ti ?

O

obscure

i've ask for recommendations on which video card to get. alot of people said geforce ti 4600, but then alot said the radeon 8500 is better than the geforce, i checked some results on a site, i forget what site, ( a popular one is all i know) and the radeon defintely outperformed the geforce ti 4600, (unreal Tournament) and that is what i love to play is UT, i need some recommendations from more people :))) im in canada and good cheap graphic cards are hard to come by if you dont know where to look, so if anyway has a good website for me to order one from for cheap lemme know please.....
:D

yea i agree, hey what about a GeForce4 Ti4200? can the Ti4200 kill a radeon 8500? cause i'm gona get that card

you can wait a month or so till retail 9700 pro comes out.. then you can check out the prices for the ti 4600 or 4200 or the 8500...

if you are going to buy an 8500... don't buy the le.. buy the retail...

here...try this yall

anandtech, toms, all of em....

they run what nvidia caters to BENCHMARKS
while ati caters to the actual PROGRAMS...

so here...
if you want to run 3dmark as a screen saver or sumtin and brag....drop ur 400 bux and go home happy...

but if u r actually gunna run gamez and stuff....the radeon is ur card at a mere $218(last i checked on newegg)

so....there u have it

agreed...

they also both use different algorithms and processes to do virtually the same thing...

ati with the 8500 DOES have better graphics... but also the g4 ti series... DOES have faster fps... still I doubt unless you run at 1600x1200 that you are going to notice the difference that drastically...

remember the 3dmark scores are also somewhat dependent on your CPU...

no point in putting a g4ti 4600 into a POS 400 mhz rig and expecting 10000 on 3dmark...

well sysmark and 3dmark are moderately different... and YES intel is getting sued for their retarded marketing practices lol...

oh well...

:)

whats a good card, a card that gives u better graphics or a card that gives u more fps?

that would depend entirely on your preference

I don't mind getting 5 - 10 frames less when I am getting over 100 in order to get a better picture...

on the other hand the picture quality is not going to be that visibly different on a g4 ti card and you WILL get a better frame rate...

depends on you entirely...

bear in mind the best card right now is the g4 ti4600... it also costs the most.... (other than the parhellia which is not really a TRUE performance gaming card... )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back