Radeon Card and nvidia chipset?

Originally posted by Adrenalize
would these 2 get along and play nice together or be a nightmare

they are both made to standards... ergo they should work properly... :)

many people use 9500/9700/9800 series cards with nforce2 cards..

I, on the other hand, am not as wealthy as "many people"

however, I use a radeon 8500 and an asus Nforce motherboard (nforce 1, not 2) and it works flawlessly, just make sure all drivers and everything are updated.

Originally posted by blinden
I, on the other hand, am not as wealthy as "many people"

however, I use a radeon 8500 and an asus Nforce motherboard (nforce 1, not 2) and it works flawlessly, just make sure all drivers and everything are updated.

its not a question about wealth...

when the agp 8x standard came out many mobo manufacturers did not implement the standard properly... since ati were shipping their r300 based 9500/9700 series @ the time.. people quickly blamed ati... even though ati had done nothing wrong :)

the incompatability issues were entirely the fault of the mobo makers... and ati took the first step to rectify it by releasing boards with capacitors to regulate the voltages better on the faulty mobo's... later bios updates and fully compatible boards were released... thats what this pertains to :)

its not a question of wealth... :D

all I meant by the "wealth" crack was that I can vouche for it working on older chipsets/ati cards

Originally posted by blinden
all I meant by the "wealth" crack was that I can vouche for it working on older chipsets/ati cards

it should... agp 8x was not a standard then :) and the problems only arose during its adoption...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back