Radeon 9800XT and 9600XT

S

seeme

does anyone know how soon we will be able to buy one of these new cards?

Radeon 9800XT and 9600XT

has a release date been set?

tentatively september 30th is the date for release in the US... but this is still somewhat speculative...

dunno bout the aussie release date...

I have been reading around the web that these cards give a marginal increase in performance. So if you have a 9700 or 9800 it makes no sense upgrading to the XT version.

ATI is saying oct Valve is saying when the game is done "holiday season" and since they ship together (in a bundle) you can't have one with out the other. I say christmas or real close to it.

Originally posted by Krux
ATI is saying oct Valve is saying when the game is done "holiday season" and since they ship together (in a bundle) you can't have one with out the other

yes you can...

a fully redeemable voucher is all thats needed...

well then, there you have it :) u get a nifty paper instead of a game.

well then, there you have it :) u get a nifty paper instead of a game.

price of game is included in the sale price which is a decent deal IMO...

499 for the XT........ I dunno sounds real steap to me.

499 for the XT........ I dunno sounds real steap to me.

for a 256mb card ? I don't think so :)

its the expected retail...

I ment steap as in I wont buy it, nothing new just faster and with a game I wait tell the loki and pci express come around b4 i drop half a k into one piece of hardware.

It does look fairly impressive for a ramped-up rev. I have a Radeon 9700 Pro, and the XT is gaining typically by 30-40 FPS on average in most games.

But still, my 9700 is still cranking out excellent performance, so until ATI either offers something with more features, or my card starts getting long-in-tooth, I'm sticking with what I have.

Quite frankly, I'm definetely impressed in the staying power the 9700 has shown. Typically in the past, a video card would be starting to run out of steam by now, but I havent been enticed to upgrade in the least. Theres still a few kinks in the drivers, but no showstoppers that I've noticed in my 50+ games collection. And hopefully the upcoming 3.8 Cats will illiminate some of them.

But for someone in the GF4 class or below, Its definetely a good card, although spendy as it is.

wut wut? breaks? we talking "fell off the truck" kinda breaks or what?

wut wut? breaks? we talking "fell off the truck" kinda breaks or what?

he works with the server dev team :) he can get breaks... I just want to know how much...

welll uhhhh hallor at him for me i mean if he can get a decent break on one, I mean sheeesh hook me up :)

welll uhhhh hallor at him for me i mean if he can get a decent break on one, I mean sheeesh hook me up :)

:cool:

I wanna check with him bout the new pci Ex stuff first though :D

seems ati has a decent working relationship with Dell @ the moment... so might as well bug him a bit...

since he works server side.. he doesn't deal with this stuff much...

God this page of post just got me so damn hype for this game and card. *sigh* I get a new board and pci express is right around the corner. just not fair sometimes....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back