Radeon 9800XT and 9600XT

Originally posted by Speed4Ever
Quite frankly, I'm definetely impressed in the staying power the 9700 has shown. Typically in the past, a video card would be starting to run out of steam by now, but I havent been enticed to upgrade in the least.

It's amazing that the card is still very processor-limited, and probably will be for a while. There's just so much untapped power left in the 9700-9800.

Originally posted by Terrahertz
God this page of post just got me so damn hype for this game and card. *sigh* I get a new board and pci express is right around the corner. just not fair sometimes....

why do you think I have not upgraded my cpu/mobo/memory/gfx card for a while :)

I have been patiently waiting...

Originally posted by Sazar
why do you think I have not upgraded my cpu/mobo/memory/gfx card for a while :)

I have been patiently waiting...
:( where is the love?

Ok guys HardOCP has a review of the 9800XT. click HERE.
I find this image to be very interesting.
1064859264AkBoiQWteN_1_7_l.jpg

and future NV35 products? Now thats a hard statement indeed.

Holy s%$# the 9600XT ships with HL2 for only $199:eek:

Originally posted by Terrahertz
Ok guys HardOCP has a review of the 9800XT. click HERE.
I find this image to be very interesting.
1064859264AkBoiQWteN_1_7_l.jpg

and future NV35 products? Now thats a hard statement indeed.

Holy s%$# the 9600XT ships with HL2 for only $199:eek:

do remmeber that it is an ATI issued slide :) so please do take it with some degree of reservation...

the 9600xt will be the first commercially available gfx card with low-k dielectric process utilised... :D

look for overclocks to be pretty good...

I see in a previous post that someone mentioned Loki and PCI Express. I know what PCI Express is - but whats Loki?

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
I see in a previous post that someone mentioned Loki and PCI Express. I know what PCI Express is - but whats Loki?

was supposedly r400... but is the actual code name for r420... aka loci..

either loki or loci is the real code name but the gpu is the r420..

speculation has fp32 (ie ps 3.0), low k... ppp and various other features all leading to performance being around 2x the current gen... this is to be seen and is likely 2x in certain situations only... :) but it is still going to be a true next gen card...

Thanks Sazar...

I ask for a release date but im not sure my pocket could handle it.

:D

Tried to reserve the 9600XT last night but ATI's website was acting weird. Oh well Ill try later.

Anyone know where I can find some benchies (if any) on the two cards? Thanks. :D

RaG

Originally posted by Ragnarok
Anyone know where I can find some benchies (if any) on the two cards? Thanks. :D

RaG

www.beyond3d.com has a 9800xt review of the top order...

9600xt reviews are not present currently afaik...

check back middle of the month or so...

you know what, i find myself unable to get totally excited by the current range of video cards...i remember when the new geforces started to come out ...i was stoked to get a brand new geforce 2.

my apologies for using this analogy given the current political climate ;) however -- even though ive just purchased a 9600 pro

im waiting for a bomb or two to explode in the graphics indudstry -- waiting for some huge new development, dunno what im waiting for...that would require some foresight! however
please wait...
please wait...
fathers dead *******
sector seven sector four
all aliens proceed to sector four

lol

i lovethat movie

someone finally started using larger fans on the video card. i was wondering how long they'd stick to the tiny, unreliable, noisy, inefficient fans. bigger the better.

cooling1.jpg

Originally posted by Sexo um pato
you know what, i find myself unable to get totally excited by the current range of video cards...i remember when the new geforces started to come out ...i was stoked to get a brand new geforce 2.

my apologies for using this analogy given the current political climate ;) however -- even though ive just purchased a 9600 pro

im waiting for a bomb or two to explode in the graphics indudstry -- waiting for some huge new development, dunno what im waiting for...that would require some foresight! however
please wait...
please wait...
fathers dead *******
sector seven sector four
all aliens proceed to sector four

lol

i lovethat movie

The bombs are HL2, Doom 3 and Stalker

Originally posted by Bronx Bomber
what about quake 4, UT2k4

When is quake 4 due for release?

that would be something to look forward to!

well...ive seen some screenshots of it, though i really dont know when its coming out. The screens looked quite nice. =]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back