Radeon 9800 DVI connection to HDTV

W

wcooper007

from what i understand all i need to do is just hook the DVI up to the back of my HDTV and than turn the TV to that setting than turn on the computer and it should come right up if i am missing something please let me know thanks

i'm curious about this, too. it should work if the ports are the same and both called dvi. if they're different but use the same type of digital signal, you might need a simple adapter.

well they are all the same connectors and they both say dvi but it dont work ati said it wont work but i know someone that got there geforce to work

so why cant i just go DVI to DVI directly makes no sence

Originally posted by wcooper007
so why cant i just go DVI to DVI directly makes no sence

you can... or you should be able to...

to get hdtv res you will need the hdtv adaptor... I thought you were asking about hdtv... not dvi... :)

the digital output will work... it should not be a problem...

well it dont so it will have to have the adaptor stupid adaptors

Originally posted by Sazar
to get hdtv res you will need the hdtv adaptor...
is that 1080i? or 720p? i forget. and would the resolution be able to be set accordingly for the best picture (say, 1440x1080 or 960x720) once the tv's hooked up?

Originally posted by taurus
is that 1080i? or 720p? i forget. and would the resolution be able to be set accordingly for the best picture (say, 1440x1080 or 960x720) once the tv's hooked up?

I can't remember off the top of my head :(

IIRC its 1080i coz a lad I know runs his xbox 1080i ready games through his adaptor and is quite impressed with the difference (though tbh I see very little difference :) )

I will have to check what res he uses though I am tempted to say 1024x768... thats what his plasma tops @ I believe...

1080i is what we are trying to run thru DVI i mean his dang tv has a DVI plug on the back of it its mitsubishi 55 inch HDTV widescreen the whole 9 yards but we hook it up and nothing ihave gone thru everything i can think of i mean is the DVI on the tv not ment to transmit video or what i looked in the manual and the only thing it shows that you can hook up to the DVI on the tv is the dang Mitshubishi reciver for audio if thats the case thats a big waste of a DVI i mean doesnt DVI stand for Digital Video Interface.. maybe someone needs to bop Mitsubishi over the head with a DVI cable

1080i is what we are trying to run thru DVI i mean his dang tv has a DVI plug on the back of it its mitsubishi 55 inch HDTV widescreen the whole 9 yards but we hook it up and nothing ihave gone thru everything i can think of i mean is the DVI on the tv not ment to transmit video or what i looked in the manual and the only thing it shows that you can hook up to the DVI on the tv is the dang Mitshubishi reciver for audio if thats the case thats a big waste of a DVI i mean doesnt DVI stand for Digital Video Interface.. maybe someone needs to bop Mitsubishi over the head with a DVI cable

yah it means digital video interface... but to get hdtv iq... you will need the adaptor IIRC...

however you are right about being able to display something on the screen...

fire off an email to ati and see if they can answer your question better... and also mitsubishi too...

ya i did with ati and your answer is the answer they gave me so thats what i am doing the funny thing is they dont make an adabter for the 9800 only for the 8500 and two other ones but not mine bunch of punks grrrr 400 dollar vid card should come with everything i need i would think thanks for all your help sazar

ya i did with ati and your answer is the answer they gave me so thats what i am doing the funny thing is they dont make an adabter for the 9800 only for the 8500 and two other ones but not mine bunch of punks grrrr 400 dollar vid card should come with everything i need i would think thanks for all your help sazar

ooh thats odd... only for the 8500 ?

bleh... hopefully they will have an adaptor out for the higher end cards soon... I may be moving in with my brother when I go to austin in spring and he has a rather large hdtv that I would love to setup a shuttle SFF case to and convert to multimedia goodness :D

Just be aware that the European version of the Rad9800 doesn't support HDTV, only the US version does...

ya it supports it we got a radeon 9800 in the us so it should support it but thats what ATI said anyways. i am about to get me a new computer with one in it i am just so lery with the way tech is moving so fast its like a waste of money

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back