radeon 9800/9800pro info

Sazar

Rest In Peace
http://www.fic.com.tw/aboutfic/press/press.aspx?pr_id=91

FIC is now producing a huge range of advanced video cards based on ATI technology. New additions to the range include the A98 and A98P based on the ATI Radeon 9800 and 9800 Pro graphics engines respectively. The A98 and A98P both feature 400MHz RAMDAC, 8 pipeline architecture, 256 bit data width, 512Kb of serial flash ROM, AGP 8X/4X/2X compatibility, TV-out, support for simultaneous dual displays and DirectX 9.0/OpenGL support. In addition, the A98 will support 128MB of DDR memory and a core/memory clock speed of 325/310MHz. The A98P will support up to 256MB of DDR memory and has a core/memory clock speed of 400/460MHz.

borrowing from hellbinder's post in nvnews and elsewhere..

Radeon 9800pro

-400mhz
-8 pipelines
-460mhz Ram (920mhz effective)
-30GB raw bandwidth.
-Pixel shader 2.1+ (virtually unlimited instruction lengths)

retail price for the 128mb card should undercut that of the 5800 ULTRA by serveral dollars...

you now I saw this post pop up in kilpfolio and I thought to myself thats sazar... I know it is, and it was :) looks sweet but I only payed 60 bucks for my 4600 so Ill hold onto it for a wee bit longer.

Originally posted by Krux
you now I saw this post pop up in kilpfolio and I thought to myself thats sazar... I know it is, and it was :) looks sweet but I only payed 60 bucks for my 4600 so Ill hold onto it for a wee bit longer.

:)

:note:

the memory clock speed of 460mhz may have been a typo...

per the grapevine the clocks may have been meant to be @ 360mhz instead... thereby giving a core/memory clock of 400/360mhz...

I will update as information is presented...

Damn now where did I put my bank robbery plan!!!! :) damn that things expensive!

abit OTT (over-the-top) I think.

Originally posted by Stuart
Damn now where did I put my bank robbery plan!!!! :) damn that things expensive!

abit OTT (over-the-top) I think.

399 and below... compare with other top end cards...

Man the 9800 will burn FX. Plus i heard the FX has a loud fan.
sazar are the radeon 9700 pro prices goin down?

retail prices are now around 300 dollars in some places... supposedly 300 @ bestbuy and 299 @ circuit city...

the bestbuy price was posted on another forum.. I can only assume it is right...

are you talkin about the one outside or over the inetnet? cuase i'm gona get one from outside somewhere this week. hopefuly

the listed price @ circuit city should be honored in store... if it is not... I dunno.. you will have to look around...

ahahahah sweeeeeet

$ 299

uuuhh the link doesnt work. well its 299 baby! i'm gona get one saterday and i'm gona get rid of this geforce 2 mx for good.

Very cool. In a couple of years, when I'll be in the market for another video card likely, we'll have to see in nVidia has gotten their act together or not. Otherwise, an ATI card it will be for me.

Melon

has anyone got a scematic, cuz i'll build one myself
i cant afford that at da mo:(

Arg, have a mate going to the CEBIT Trade show in Hamburg next week (will a 9700 Pro be cheaper there?)

Damn, for some reason nVidia have come down from their top spot, ATi are actually ahead of them!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back