Radeon 9700pro or Radeon 9800?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Man i cant wait any longer to get a new video card cause i'm been suffering with this geforce 2 MX400. Should I wait for the Radeon 9800 or get a Radeon 9700pro tomorow? cause i got the money alrdy.

Wait a little longer and buy the 9800 pro. Believe me, you'll thank
yourself. I've been in the same kind of situation. Just have
a bit more patience, i know it's long, but if you have been with
that ****ty card so long, why not stay with it a little longer.
I am aware that there are patches now available to get
9700 perfomance tricks by using 9800 drivers, but it's not
quite the same, go for the 9800 pro man. You'll love it, and
you will be sure to live another couple of years without upgrading.

Laterz

Yngwie II

wait for 9800 to come out, and dish out the extra cash if you think its that much better, if not, you just saved yourself some cash buying the (which will be cheaper) 9700

anyone knows when it releases in da UK im doin a spring build of a super computer. muhahaha:)

Originally posted by Yngwie_II
Wait a little longer and buy the 9800 pro. Believe me, you'll thank
yourself. I've been in the same kind of situation. Just have
a bit more patience, i know it's long, but if you have been with
that ****ty card so long, why not stay with it a little longer.
I am aware that there are patches now available to get
9700 perfomance tricks by using 9800 drivers, but it's not
quite the same, go for the 9800 pro man. You'll love it, and
you will be sure to live another couple of years without upgrading.

Laterz

Yngwie II

if you wait for the cat 3.3's you will get the same performance increases in a WHQL driver set...

ati is not all that happy with the gentleman who is putting together the 'patches' and are not going to be too happy with peopel claiming problems coz their cards are buggered... :)

be patient... wait for a couple of weeks or so to see when the new cat's are released and be happy...

the performance delta from a 9700pro-9800 should not be as great as that to a 9800pro...

even then if you have a 9700pro already there is no real point to upgrade to a 9800pro... logically...

just look @ the price points when it goes retail before you buy and you will be in a better position overall...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back