Radeon 9700

it was posted by a fan of nvidia... I suppose the gpu they used it on might have been something related to the nv30...

I Dunno really...

heck I am sure that my vid card can reproduce that image too lol...

nice lookup there mate...

yea only if my card 2.. ;p hows ur 8500 running? i hear people say ATI has driver issues, i heard this for a while. but i never had an ati card to xperience it. is there drivers really that bad? i know people should expect more and will get more outta ati now.

Originally posted by Canibus
yea only if my card 2.. ;p hows ur 8500 running? i hear people say ATI has driver issues, i heard this for a while. but i never had an ati card to xperience it. is there drivers really that bad? i know people should expect more and will get more outta ati now.

Well, I've never had any problems with my 8500, but a lot of people have. On the other hand, ATi has been releasing drivers much more frequently this year, and no seems to be complaining anymore ... :D

As for the 9700 - all I have to say is wow!! I will be ordering one the day they're available, of course the price will drop pretty soon thereafter but for the first time, the performance increase over the current generation of cards totally justifies the expense (IMHO). Of course, the NV30 should rock too, but I'm not willing to wait until ... well, who knows when.

:)

mavis

Originally posted by catch23

Said this in another thread...but the two will perform nearly identically for a long while...until game developers can start pushing the capabilities of both cards...then the NV30 will overtake.

You've got a good point about game developers actually using the features of the card - by the time developers use any of the DX9 features that both of the cards will have, there will be a whole new generation of cards to choose from! At which point, it follows, any comparison between the (then) aging R300 and the NV30 will be moot ...

mavis

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back