Radeon 9700 Pro TV/OUT

S

S1RE

Just wondering why some movies I have don't come through on my television when using TV/OUT. Although I see them on the monitor using Jet Audio, PowerDVD and the only thing that happens on my television is the most exciting thing ever- nothing but blackness but I can hear it all through the TV so sound works but not video, anyone know why?

Originally posted by S1RE
Just wondering why some movies I have don't come through on my television when using TV/OUT. Although I see them on the monitor using Jet Audio, PowerDVD and the only thing that happens on my television is the most exciting thing ever- nothing but blackness but I can hear it all through the TV so sound works but not video, anyone know why?

what format is the file you are playing?

perhaps you have an encoding problem... which allows you to hear the product but not see it...

I have formats in both .avi and .mpg and both have visual problems when it comes to the television.

Encoding could be the problem but when you try to get the image on a TV screen I'm not so sure if installing codecs or whatnot is gonna be the solution here.

Originally posted by S1RE
I have formats in both .avi and .mpg and both have visual problems when it comes to the television.

Encoding could be the problem but when you try to get the image on a TV screen I'm not so sure if installing codecs or whatnot is gonna be the solution here.

basically the tv-out (s-video) is pumping out whatever is being processed by your cpu/gpu and software... if there is a problem in one of those areas it will probably cause a corrupted image...

try dling and installing the latest divx codecs... www.divx.com

if there are other codecs to be dled... consider dling them from other websites online... I am not sure of where they are all available from...

I have Divx and Xvid all installed thats not the problem...

go into your display settings and set your tv as the primary display.

overlays (videos) will only play on the primary display.

This is my frist TV/OUT video card and I really had problems figuring out how to get the video out to work at all, I mean the configuration for the TV/OUT is somewhat confusing and I'm still not even an ameteur at it.

Right now I have a scheme for TV/OUT which lowers my resolution on my monitor to 1024x768 and after that I have 2 displays ( TV + Monitor )

Your saying make it so that I only have a display on my TV?

If so, that wouldn't make a difference atleast I don't think it would...

i've only done this with a radeon 7500 and not with the newer catalyst drivers, so i'm not sure if it's the same...

but go into your display settings where it shows buttons for your tv-out, vga-out, and dvi-out... all side-by-side. there will be 2 butons under each of these, the first one is to set that device as the primary... and the other one is to set it as a secondary. you can only have one primary and that's the one that will display overlays. so make sure your tv has 'primary' selected. it might be called something else. i'm going off memory.

you will still be able to se your monitor, but you won't have any videos playing on it now. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back