Radeon 9700 Pro or Geforce 4 Ti 4600 ?

P

PC-Dude

Ok I'm thinking of getting a new video card and these are the 2 options.

Geforce 4 Ti4600 $399.99 Canadian

or

Radeon 9700 Pro $537.00 Canadian

Is the 9700 worth the xtra money? Any comments on both cards welcome. Thanks

niether, get a cheapo 4200 or if you can stick it out, keep your current thing until the nv30 comes out

thats a trick question right?

9700pro is a brilliant card... ti 4600 supports to dx 8.0... 9700 has dx9 support... so if you are looking for a card to take you through next year and play nextgen games decent enough... 9700 is your answer.. is it worth the extra money.. I think it is...

the image quality is better and the dual monitor with the dual ramdacs for each monitor is the best I have ever had... and I had an 8500 retail before this...

4600 though is an excellent card and should serve well through next year.. it has a lot left in it in terms of performance... and though it may not play top of the line games at max resolution with ALL features on... you can't really go wrong with it at lower res...

end of the day... I would say 9700 coz I have it and I know what it can do... but like I said... can't go wrong with a 4600... it too is an excellent card...

not enough known to comment on the nv30 at this time so I will not say anything... availability won't be till december/first quarter of next year it seems but they might push it ahead....

ATI's 9700 all the way, provided you have the money for it, it won't deceive you !

If you enough money left after you bought it, send it to me ! I crave for the 9700 ! ;)

I know the 4600 isn't as good as the 9700, I was just wondering if the 9700 is worth the extra. I plan to buy the 9700, if I can save enough money. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back