RADEON 9700 now the best

please can a moderator put this on the frontpage since the detonator drivers from Nvidia get so much attention I think perhaps the new Ati card should do as well...

Top until the NV30 anyway :D

Fingers crossed for ATIs driver team, maybe this time...

ATI is a really good company and I'm glad there still around to give Nvidia Comp. but I don't think I would ever buy another ATI card knowing there driver history now.:D

It is a fast card ID was even using it at the E3 show for there Dooom III demo because Nvidia said "there next gen chip wasn't ready in time"

Even Matrox has some very powerful cards coming out very exciting times.

Good ideea for a question :
Nvidia users : will continue to upgrade to the next GF cards generation ? Or will find something else at the same performance at that time .. :rolleyes:

if you look at the history of the ATi cards... it is the same as the history with the AMD v/s Intel sets... almost..

amd keeps making cheaper/better value for money cards and yet never seems to get the credit for the raw speed of their processors...

if you look at the Nvidia cards.. they are good yes.. but that is a serious leap they will have to make... and remmeber... a few test results are shown with Ati features turned OFF so that the nvidia won't lag behind... i have seen this even with 8500 v/s ti series cards...

image quality is brilliant with Ati and they give more than enough bang for the games we play today itself...

if its over 70 fps and is pretty I will take it..

now will I fork around 400 for the 9700 ? I dunno... not rich enough for that...
:)

drivers musta been decent to post the stats they did mate...

rember Ati has been working harder and longer on this product than most other stuff they have worked on in the past

they know if it is not good they will fail..

also those saying the new nv300 will rock this baby... remmeber ati has a 0.13 micron based GPU coming out later this year/early next year... the radeon 10000 and the 9700 wll also move to 0.13 from 0.15 therefore it will be faster as they can clock it higher...

so it will be interesting times... the nv 300 better be something special like 320 megs or something :)

:D

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I was told the Radeon9700 will be a card that rivals the NV40, and the NV30 will not match the 9700. Maybe in all the hype this was just said without really knowing what was being said, but from everything I've been hearing it sounds almost a reasonable statement.

I really wish I knew what driver problems ATI is supposed to have, every ATI card I have ever bought has worked great with the drivers that it shipped with, this includes the all in wonder 7500 I now own...

I love the omega drives for both the ATI and the Voodoo I have in this machine, but I also wonder about the future cards to come.

If you all keep saying, "the next generation cards will be faster" I can only say DUH! Thats the beauty of newer technology. If you are happy with the fact that your favorite game works, and looks good I could care less if I'm getting a billion frames a second or 40 frames a second.

I only know one thing, Nvidia or ATI, either way you are in the right ballpark and should not slam others for having the other model.

Nuff said......:D

Once them N30's come out, anyone with a 4600 can donate their card to my "church" - I hear it's tax deductable also. Imagine the "warm" feeling you will get doing this...:D ;)

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Once them N30's come out, anyone with a 4600 can donate their card to my "church" - I hear it's tax deductable also. Imagine the "warm" feeling you will get doing this...:D ;)

Hehe :D

Originally posted by catch23
ATI cards will never have the performance nVidia's do...they're go for image quality...if you're using the detonators, and you start putting AA on and other things like that to get a better image quality...the FPS drops considerably...it's a lot better with the Omega drivers though...

Actually in the UT2003 demo, Radeon 9700 is 25% faster than Geforce 4 4600 Ti with 4xAA and 14xAF (the Geforce had no AA enabled). When the 4xAA was enabled on the Geforce the Radeon was 300% !!! faster...

You can read all about it here:
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzMw

And now I hear that ATI will release a Radeon manufactured with the 0.13 micron technology at the end of 2002/beginning of 2003. I don't think that I have the patience to wait for that :p

well... I will agree with the statement about my Ati drivers NOT being bad...

I have had both nvidia and ati cards for 3 years now.. I gave away my nvidia card coz my ati card had better dvd software... but thats besides the point..

I have never had any issues... cept for the open GL fix for counter-strike in the 2.5 years I have owned ati cards... I have NEVER had an issue with them..

now if you are going be hearsay and saying ati cards have bad drivers well.. I dunno mate.. maybe you should try em out first..

my original post was just intended to let people know that a new card had arrived on the scene and that it was FAST... you can say anything you want about www.anandtech.com but you can't say they are biased.. they do their research on all products they test and I have been following their info on products BECAUSE of this unbiased reporting..

there is nothing to say the the next gen nvidia cards are not going to be faster... they are after all using 0.13 micron technology v/s the 0.15 the current version of the 9700 employs.. but remember the 9700 will move to the smaller 0.13 technology later this year and there is another Ati card coming out... the ati 10000 which is faster than the 9700 right now... by a fair margin..

sure Nvidia will crank up the clock speeds... but the fact remains that right now there is nothing on the market that will match the 9700 when it goes on retail..

remember the parhelia.. everyone was gungho and whatnot about it... but it SANK coz of shyte performance all around.. it can't even compete with cards from 2 gens ago...

the 9700 on the other hand has been proven to work and it works very well...

trash ati but give them credit for a decent product in the 9700 for petes sake...

pastorn where did you get a retail 8500 with a GPU clock of 300 mhz ?

and what price mate... lemme know I am on the market for a good 8500 right now...

How much is a Radeon 9000 cause Radeon 9700 is expensive so how much is the 9000 series?

Originally posted by Sazar
pastorn where did you get a retail 8500 with a GPU clock of 300 mhz ?

and what price mate... lemme know I am on the market for a good 8500 right now...

It's a standard card, I just replaced the heat sink and the fan with better stuff and overclocked it (got a stable one, I guess). I've paid $375 for it here in Sweden, we are slaves under the taxes and our retailers greed :(. But I've read here somewhere that they're going for about $100 in The US and that's a very decent prize for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back