radeon 9600xt overdrive wont appear...

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i just did a fresh install of xp and installed the 4.3 cats...i noticed that the overdrive part of the settings isnt there, but the VPU Recover is...is this normal?
if not, how can i get the overdrive function back?

thx!
Apu

Is it a "made by ATi" version of the card or 3rd party? I think some of the 3rd party cards don't support the feature as ATi didn't make them so they aren't gonna be to blame if you burn them.

thats the weird thing...yesterday and before yesterday the function was there, and i enabled it. even though its made by gigabyte, they still support that function

Hmm... you need someone wiser like Sazaar or others me thinks.

I noticed this the other day as well..
I am running the 4.3 cats too, but I had assumed that
I had lost it because I had killed two processes of which
I deemed unnessessary that the ati software was running.

Perhaps has something todo with the 4.3s

I don't know but I want to find out I just got my 9600XT today mine is made by ASUS 128mb VIVO , I love the card moved over from my trusty Ti4200 128mb which is now in our other machine, would like to know more about this feature.

i dont know that card, but looks sweet...
anyway, overdrive is a feature that 9600xt (and onwards) cards have which consists of "auto overclocking". its totally supported by ATI so the card wont be "over overclocked" :p
u can enable it in the advanced properties of the card, u should have a section called overdrive and ull see 2 little thermometers there

I have not updated to 4.2/4.3 because I have seen lots of bugs and actual performance drops (not neccessarily in fps, but other non-fun things)

I wouldn't be surprised if the overclock function dissapeared with some of the solidity... :( I'm rocking the 4.1's right now, and the overdrive + the temp scale (which wasnt in previous versions) shows up fine

9600 pro here and rocking the 4.3 cats fine ... but alas I don't have an XT so no overdrive for me anyhoo :p

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back