radeon 9500 pro tapped out?

NerdUprising

[ Method ]
was looking at buying a Radeon 9500 pro 128Mb card(built by sapphire)... had a nice site lined up to buy it for $177, but now, since the 9500 was discontinued, they are all sold out, and wont be restocked!

does anyone know of a place where I can buy it, or a card of equal grüviness (the 9600 is ok, but only 4 pipelines) for <$180?

9600 aren't too bad I hear, they get better B/M than the fellow 9500 at a very good price :)

Skazzy

Originally posted by NerdUprising
was looking at buying a Radeon 9500 pro 128Mb card(built by sapphire)... had a nice site lined up to buy it for $177, but now, since the 9500 was discontinued, they are all sold out, and wont be restocked!

does anyone know of a place where I can buy it, or a card of equal grüviness (the 9600 is ok, but only 4 pipelines) for <$180?

I would think perhaps www.pricewatch.com would be the place to check it out...

the 9600pro is a 0.13 micron process card (first such by ati) and while it does have fewer pipelines it overclocks like a rabid dog and is a pretty good performer on the whole...

if there is nothing on price watch there is always ebay :)

Try www.allstarshop.com about that price and still in stock a few days ago.

You may also be able to get the 9500 PRO branded by powercolor or sapphire if ATI has discontinued the 9500 PRO.

been checking the past few days over prices and whatnot... decided to go with 9600 pro (sapphire) in full box (lots of grüvy cables that I would end up buying overpriced anyway, dvi/vga adpter which is always a ripoff, and wolfenstein, so it cant be too bad of a deal) from newegg.

my guess is that a few of you read the thread I started a while ago between the 9500 and 9600, plus motherboards and whatnot, there I decided to use 9500, now im back to 9600...how fickle am I?
regardless, thanks for all the help and suggestions

Originally posted by NerdUprising
been checking the past few days over prices and whatnot... decided to go with 9600 pro (sapphire) in full box (lots of grüvy cables that I would end up buying overpriced anyway, dvi/vga adpter which is always a ripoff, and wolfenstein, so it cant be too bad of a deal) from newegg.

my guess is that a few of you read the thread I started a while ago between the 9500 and 9600, plus motherboards and whatnot, there I decided to use 9500, now im back to 9600...how fickle am I?
regardless, thanks for all the help and suggestions

dunno bout you... but I am currently using most of the cables that came with my video card... and was doing so before with my 9700pro non AIW card... :)

the dvi/vga adaptor is useful for dual monitor setup when there is no dvi device present... :)

if you don't need the devices... don't worry about it... accesories are rather cheap on the market anyways,...

that is what I meant... Id be using most of the cables, so I figured why spend more money later when I can get them pretty cheap with the card

so for me, looks to be a pretty nice deal for a pretty smüv card with some pretty useful accessories :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back