Radeon 9500 pro or a ti 4200?

Adrenalize

Tired Zombie
I wanna buy a new vga but dont know how the ati's run or how the drivers are. I have used a friends ti 4200 and am pleased with it. If anybody has a 9500 pro let me know how u like it compared to a ti 4200 thanks in advance.

9500pro is a superior card in every respect...

ie functionality/dvd playback/image quality/speed/dx9...

that being said the 4200 is still a very good card...

go with what your budget supports...

im also considering on getting a new card.. reading what is already posted here. Does that mean that the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro is better than the ti 4200?

If so, what about against the ti 4400? Does the Radeon 9600 Pro beat the Ti 4400?

Thank you for your help

*i felt there wasnt any need in making a new forum for kinda the same topic*

Sincerly Alex :cool:

Originally posted by Alex_is_Axel
im also considering on getting a new card.. reading what is already posted here. Does that mean that the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro is better than the ti 4200?

If so, what about against the ti 4400? Does the Radeon 9600 Pro beat the Ti 4400?

Thank you for your help

*i felt there wasnt any need in making a new forum for kinda the same topic*

Sincerly Alex :cool:

the 9600pro is a little slower stock compared to the 9500pro.. however when overclocked (and yes... it overclocks like a beast) it is on par or better in some situations v/s the 9500pro..

the 9500/9600pro cards are better than the ti 4200/4400/4600 cards in practically all situations... ergo they are a better product...

5600ultra/9600pro are around the same performance... though the ati product has faster ps/vs performance... therefore likely faster in products that follow the dx9 api...

th3 9500pro is a superior product to both... and also in terms of price/performance ratio..

thank you for your help Sazar, i think i will go for either the 9500pro or the 9600pro after this thred, i was considering on getting a Geforce4 but since the 9600pro does support DX9 (i know there are hardly any games out there that are dx9 at the moment) but it will still be a good upgrade from a Geforce 2mx 200 (not my comp)

Thank you for your help once again

Alex :cool:

no probs... :)

there are some good deals out there...

I remember seeing a 9600pro for sale around $150 or less... OEM ofcourse... but still... a damn nice price :)

i love my 9500 pro. its the frikin' best. much better then my gf2 mx400. i got mine from newegg.com im pretty sure they still have some. this card is amazing cant wait to test it on half-life 2 :D.

Watch for local sale prices on the ATI 9600 PRO. It is selling for $149 around here this weekend. The 9500 PRO is still running about $179.

ATI seems to be cutting prices to undersell the TI4600 which is "sort of a competitor" (though not in performance) for the 9500/9600 PRO.

The 4600 has been selling too high in my opinion. For that matter the whole Nvidia line has been over priced for the percentage performance level increase over last years models.

ATI went cost conscious this year with smaller second generation chips while Nvidia is still playing technical catch up. Definitely more bang for your buck with ATI.

I of course bought 3 months too early

:eek:

i think i will get the 9500 pro since it has the 8 pixel pipelines compared to the 9600 pro thanx for all the help

i found this..

9500-9600.JPG

Might come in handy of choices between the 9500 and the 9600 :D

Alex :cool:

9500 pro ,now or later?

hi, hows it going
i got 215 bucks
i wanna buy the 9500 pro but should i wait till it gets cheaper or go ahead and buy it now? or should i buy a better one later when it drops to 200?
and if it does, how soon do think the price will drop

another thing

the s video
does that mean i can plug my ps2 into it using the ps2 s video cable and play that as well?

and how do u think this card will perform in newer games like half life 2 and doom 3 when put at high performance levels

jw

Re: 9500 pro ,now or later?

Originally posted by Vangaurdtrooper
the s video
does that mean i can plug my ps2 into it using the ps2 s video cable and play that as well?
they only have s-video out. which means you can use your tv as a monitor. to get an ati card with video in, you'd need to get an all-in-wonder or seperate pci capture card.

fyi, lots of nvidia's products feature video in/video out (vivo).

Re: 9500 pro ,now or later?

Originally posted by Vangaurdtrooper
hi, hows it going
i got 215 bucks
i wanna buy the 9500 pro but should i wait till it gets cheaper or go ahead and buy it now? or should i buy a better one later when it drops to 200?
and if it does, how soon do think the price will drop

another thing

the s video

and how do u think this card will perform in newer games like half life 2 and doom 3 when put at high performance levels

jw

for 215 usd... you may well be able to get a GOOD deal on a 9700 on ebay perhaps ?

perhaps even get 9700pro for a few bucks more...

9500 pro is the way to go :) awesome card awesome company nviidia disappoints in every aspect except heat :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back