Radeon 9000 vs Geforce Ti 4600???

D

Dimoe

I know that the ATI Radeon 9700 can totally kill the Geforce TI 4600, but what about the 9000? In ATI's launch event video, they compare the Radeon 9000 to the Geforce 4 MXs.

Does anyone know how the Radeon 9000 compares to the Geforce TI series not the MX?

Like here in Toronto, that Radeon 9000 is like $300 cheaper than the most expensive Leadtek WinFast A250 Ultra Geforce4 Ti-4600 128MB DDR w/TV Out. (Just for refrence). I know that the prices for the Geforce 4 Ti series will drop once the 9700 comes out, but I don't think they will drop by $300.

Its a low end all around NEXT GEN card,
because of its next gen status, can this low end card equal or outpreform the high-end (old-gen) GeForce TI?

No it cannot. It is actually slower than an 8500, as it was designed to replace the 7xxx series. The high end cards are the Radeon 9700 and the 9500, the former to be released supposedly soon while the latter won't be released until the fall ...

mavis

hey any know where to get a geforce 4 ti 4600 for a cheap price??? and is the radeon 9700 out yet, if not when?

well the 9000 is slow... the 9000pro is a little faster...

basically in most tests run they are BOTH slower than the top of the line 8500 retail and about the same as the 8500 LE...

the price and nextgen features may garner more market share than its performance overall...

lets see... maybe another card with a higher clock with similar features may be just what is needed... perhaps a 9000 extreme or something :) lol

all in all... its not a bad card... check this comparison out...

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1655

and you will see your question answered...

well, i got my gf3 ti500 now, it costed $210 canadian, but then i got robbed in the streets, i was on my bike.... seriously, by 2 black guys, i lost the video card, and a hella lota cash, $210 video card + $115 cash = $325 total........ frickin blacks....

but i went back and bought another, this time with credit card, so it costed me $20 more, frickin chinese..... stores

i went to nvidia.com, and analyze my PC part, and the only thing that showed up was the gf4 ti4600, that means the 4400 and the 4200 were slower than the gf3ti500

lol that must be scary.
I was wondering how much will a Radeon 9700 cost if it comes out on the first day?

DAMN! How much is geforce 4 Ti4600 then? $250?

How do I make over $300 dollars? Where do I get the money cause i'm really really despartley in need for a GeForce 4 Ti4600!! My mom would say no lol

Originally posted by _DM_
How do I make over $300 dollars? Where do I get the money cause i'm really really despartley in need for a GeForce 4 Ti4600!! My mom would say no lol

Wash more cars and clean out the neighbor's basements. And stop buying smut mags.:p

video cards is gettin too expensive. i still remember when voodoo rules the market and there price was around $150-$250. for the best geforce and radeon are now at $300-$400. for me its just crazy

since nvidia has the product that everyone wants, they can determine the course of the market and prices. now that they have raised the prices ATi is doing the same thing, because they are the only ones with the fastest GPU. I guess demand for high preformance is high, and with that comes an increase in prise.

yeah! i want more Competition in the graphic card market. more companies dualing out in sell their product and seeing some price drop.=)

Just read review of 9700 @ anandtech, looks like the GF4 TI4600 gets the shi*e kicked outta' it by the 9700 with anti-aliasing @1600x1200, btw the antialiasing is unbelievable.. go look at the screen shots.. oh i want one now!!! (9700 that is) :D

yes it doesnt relate to the 9000, I was just pointing out that the ATI9700 is better than a GF4 4600 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back