Radeon 9000 vs Geforce Ti 4600???

Originally posted by catch23
The 9700 came out 7-8 months AFTER the GF4 Ti 4600....why should we compare them?

for the same reason you get a boner comparing the gf4 ti series to the radeon 8500 even though it was designed to compete with the gf3 ti series...

Sazar i could have not said it better myself. take that nvidia lovers, taste of your own medicine.

The thing about Video Cards is everyone always goes for "the flavor of the month". You don't stop and think , O.K. this Vid Card is $300.00 to $400.00, right now. My Vid Card is doing fine at the moment. There a rumors of another Vid Card that will be faster than the newest one out there in... 4 to 5 months. So why should I spend my money on this one when, when the other faster Vid Card comes out it's gonna make them drop their price and then I can buy it and upgrade. Everyone is always freaking out and trying to get the latest and greatest, but they fail to realize that, 1: It's so bleeding edge that it may be still buggy and hard to get it to work correctly. 2: It's too frickin expensive. 3: It will be yesterday's news in a few months.

If ya wait 2 runs of new Vid Cards you can get the first latest and greatest at a much cheaper price when the second newer latest and greatest comes out. You can save a little more money toward that Card and in the end you don't spend as much. Shitt you might even have enough money left over to buy some more memory for yer system.

When the Radeon 9700 is out the Geforce Ti 4600 will soon enough go down allot in price. Then Nvidia will put out a newer faster Vid Card and the cycle starts again.

Hell, you can buy 2 HDs for the price of the best cutting edge Video Card! You can even buy a faster CPU for the damn same price and have money left over!

Well, not if you buy a Pentium 4. But an Athlon, you can almost buy 2 of them.

Waiting for all of these price drops requires much patients, but pays off in the end. Anyway, good shopping tips...!

Yep, It's always hard to hold on to yer money when it's burning a hole in yer pocket. :D

yeah true. some pplz are going carzy about the radeon 9700 pro or the new NV-30 thats about to come out too, when they have the geforce 4. come-on thats powerful enough to run any game at top performance. plus i dont think there is even one game thats out there have use a 100% out of that card yet. most pplz are just power hungry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back