Radeon 9000 pro, dead?

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
I managed to get my hands on a Radeon 9000 pro 128M DDR V/D/VO.
When I installed it into the AGP slot and powered on my PC the boot screen was all puzzled up and windows refused to load normally.
I have a slight suspicion it is burned out or something (sience it has no fan, only a heatsink).
Tho I'm pretty sure its dead, l'd like to be sure before I add to SPeedY_Bs harware kill site :p

Any ideas?

i have a 9200, that too doesnt have a fan and it works fine, i would make sure that it is properly seated. a lot of new boards dont support the lower end cards such as the 2x agp cards. i dont know if that is a 4x card, but the voltage required may not be supported on your board.

check your bios of the comp and the manufacturer of the card for the voltage...you might be able to set the voltage for the card in the bios of the comp

Benny, if you mean "puzzled up" as in it showed a whole bunch of colored squares all over the screen, but you could still kinda tell it was the boot screen, then it probably is dead. My GeForce 4 Ti4200 did what i just said to me already. was actually killed by not having a beefy enough power supply.

toretto said:
a lot of new boards dont support the lower end cards such as the 2x agp cards. i dont know if that is a 4x card, but the voltage required may not be supported on your board.
My old gfx (the one installed now) is A GF2 32mb, so I doubt its an old/new problem :p
I'll check for the votage, tho I can't find info about the ATI card anywhere :(

best thing to do is to try it in another computer that is more powerful than the one you want it to work in to see whether or not the card is stuffed

sounds dead :)

tell-tale patterns of heat damage (probably amongst other things)

try running the card with the A/C on :D

j/k

Your card is F....'d. The bios screen is VGA and uses no drivers so any card should handle it with no setting changes anywhere.

If it were just scrambled in windows the resolution might be set too high or a geforce driver might still be lurking somewhere in the system. The fixes for that is with a good card in the system set ti to 800x600 16 bit color. Then increase it when then new card is up and runnig. And for the driver use nastyfileremover. nfr.exe

I was pretty sure its ****ed, just wanted to be 100% sure before I stick it in the oven and take some pictures :p
Thanks for the help guys :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back