Radeon 9000 help

M

Mr Dead

Just a quick question, a friend of mine has just bought a radeon 9000 card. Are there any o/c utils like coolbits for nvidia cards available and can anyone recommend a good driver?

This is the best idea i have ever seen for an ATI card: return it and get an Nvidia. i had massive amounds of problems with my ATI 9000, so i brought it back and got a GForce 4 MX 420. prob one of the best cards i have bought. i know there are plenty out there that are better, i just had a lot of problems with the ATI.

Brad

Ive got a Gforce 4 MX440, not the best card around but more than happy with it for the small amount of gaming I do.

You were more pleased with a GF4 MX 420 then a Radeon 9000??? What kind of problems were you having... I wouldn't give up my Radeon 9000 Pro for anything less then a TI 4200

lol... :)

coupla proggies out there to oc...

radeonator is pretty good and rage3d... I prefer radeonator in terms of stability... rage3d does not allow increases in as small increments as radeonator..

now inherently the ati cards oc pretty well... you SHOULD be able to squeeze at least 15-20 mhz out of them without extra cooling...

but don't take my word for it :)

every once in a while i would get a blue screen saying something about my graphics card...and it would have to do a memory dump. i wasnt overclocking it or anything.

Brad

yah that happens when you have incorrect drivers or issues with that particular driver set...

if all other hardware and bios drivers is up to date you should not have any problems...

the reason why I personally don't like the g4mx series is for the most part they are repackaged/higher clocked g2mx cards and I think its an insult to consumers..

now go with the g4 ti series and I am with you... excellent lineup of cards :)

hehehe... from Radeon 9000 to MX420... thats a larf =)

Are you all dull boys or what. If your read the original post I said I had a gforce 4 mx 440 and my mate has the radeon and I was asking on his behalf for driver and o/c advice!!!!

Get Powerstrip, and crank the core clock and memory clock all the way up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back