Radeon 8500LE or 8500?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Money is a big issue to me and I cant get those GeForce Ti4600 or a Radeon 9700... Well i'm thinking that I'm gona get a Radon 8500. But which one? Radeon 8500 or Radeon 8500LE whats the difference? And which one is better? Oh yea, how much fps will I get if I play Morrowind with a Radeon 8500? 70fps?

One version and I thinks its the LE as more ram onboard the card. One version as 64MB ram onboard and the other as 128MB ram onboard. I would suggest getting the one with 128MB of ram onboard. As to many fps u'll get an any given game I don't know. I hope that helps.

Originally posted by Chastity
One version and I thinks its the LE as more ram onboard the card. One version as 64MB ram onboard and the other as 128MB ram onboard. I would suggest getting the one with 128MB of ram onboard. As to many fps u'll get an any given game I don't know. I hope that helps.

not quite chastity...

in fact the LE is basically just a lower clocked version of the 8500 retail..

there are some versions that come with slightly overclocked gpu's...

here is the breakdown... all 8500's incl the LE come in 64mb and 128 mb versions...

the LE has a core clock of 250mhz.. the retail 8500 has a clock of 275... and the oc'd version that you CAN get for more money has a clock of 300mhz..

the 8500 should give you almost same fps as 4200... just under actually... but better picture quality...

Well I said I think but thanks for clearing that up for me, Sazar

I just put an 8500 le in my system yesterday, I scored around 8500 (ironically) on 3dmark, that's with a XP1600+ and 512 megs DDR. It's not a bad card, for the price, it's got a lot of bang, it rocks the ut2k3 demo too, man that looks sweet. I don't think you would be disapointed if you save a few dollars on the le, it's easy to overclock too

yeah, either one would be nice.. grab a 128MB version if you can..

ohh yeah, that extra 64 megs is huge, I know a guy that almost has the exact same set up as me, runs 3dmark and scores like 6000

Can a Radeon 8500 run smoothly and buetiful on Morrowind? How much FPS whould I get if I run it on 100x700 resolution?

Currently, BEST Nvidia card for the buck-----Ti4200 !

Check this out: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,541320,00.asp

Best video card period, for now: Radeon 9700 Pro is awesome, & I'll be selling my Leadtek Ti4600 soon. (never thought I'd say that)

The next set of Radeon drivers will have refresh rate control built-in & the Rage 3D Tweak Utility, v.3.6, is the most useful video card utility I've ever experienced, so many options & tweaks. Keep in mind, I'm a confirmed Nvidia freak saying this. Gave up on ATI years ago, until now.

Latest 3DM score, P4 + Radeon 9700 OCed on AIR cool: 17,444
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4424539

NV30 will have to be something incredible, when it comes out, several months from now, to answer this ATI effort.

I'm also gonna buy a new card, and since money is a big issue for me, and the cards here are quite expensive, what do you advise? Never had any experience with either ATI or NVidia, this is my setup: Celeron 1.3 @ 1.48ghz, 512 mb sdram, Aopen MX3S-T µATX, the rest is not very important, what i find important is that the card has enough options and tweaks and stuff so i can overclock it easily, 128 ram is a must, right now i'm thinking of either a GF4 Ti4200 128 ram, or an ATI, but i don't know with which ATI i can compare the GF, got any advice?

GF4 4200/128 is best bet, if not going for Radeon 9700. I wouldn't buy a Radeon 8500 over a GF4.

ohkay...and for the GF, what manufacturer do you advice?

The Leadtek GF4 is great. Abit has a GF4 that's receiving excellent reviews. Whatever card, check the memory specs carefully & pay special attention to how card is cooled. I always rig an extra fan inside case, pointed toward backside of video card.

Also, check this out: Albatron GeForce4 Ti4200P-Turbo 128MB Review
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1226

my visiontek gf4 ti 4200 is running so sweet

VERY glad i got this card

msi is probably the top maker of gf ti series cards right now and their cards are not that expensive..

8500 retail series is not bad, a little slower than the g4 ti 4200 in most benches but picture quality is better..

either way you can't go wrong...

and yes the ti 4200 is easily overclockable though I dont see the point in going form 250 fps to 300 fps in say unreal tournament or quake 3 or something...

My opinion

I agree with blinden I have had a 8500 LE for quite some time now the 128 version and i dont really think you will see much of a difference from the 8500 to the 8500 LE, I think the LE is worth the money you save. As for the ATi vs. Geforce I think thats just what u prefer, two of my roomates have Ti 4200's and When i play on thier computer I cant really tell much of a difference. The cool thing about ATi's now though is thier trade-up program, so whenever you want to get a new card you just trade in your old one and get a discount on your new one. I dont know exactly how much of a discount they give you but its still a nice addition.:D

Ok the next problem is I dont have a credit card... And I dont even wana borther asking my mom for a credit card number cause she doesnt trust the internet lol. So where can I find a site that supports money order?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back