Radeon 8500 Prob????

C

Cyphre

Hi guys

Got a bit of a problem with my Brand New Radeon 8500 128MB video card. When starting a couple games (Q3 engine it seems) my load times are huge.
My system was faster with my Radeon 32MB SDR!!!!!
Anyone have any ideas?
I have updated my MoBo drivers and downloaded the latest driver for the card but nothing helps
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was thinking of that but that is a load of workfor me to do
Mabe as a last resort !!!!!

Guess i got some work to do then
Thanx Guys

Okay here is a question?
I am a bit of a nOOb when it comes to this but do I have to re-install or actually delete my windows partition.

Ok then will i have to reinstall all my program that are on a different partition to re-assosiate them with windows?

Cyphre let me know tyhe outcome!!

Cyphre,

after you format and reinstall windows let me know if you got better performance, because i just upgraded from a G2 MX 400 64MB to a G4 TI 4200 128MB :D and i do not want to re-install XP, i have way too much time put into it right now (ie tweaks, home networking, file sharing, etc) that has taking me days to get it the way i want it.....but i also feel that i could get more out of my G4 video card..... my 3dmark 2001SE score is only around 8450-8650, depending on some settings, (i reached 8850 once but i forgot what the settings were, stupid VIA 4in1 4.40's), well thanks in advance,

RaZOR

ps... also, do those scores seem right? nothing is overclocked

AMD ATHLON XP 1700+
256MB DDR PC2100 RAM
MSI KT333 ULTRA
MSI GEFORCE 4 TI 4200 128MB DDR
30GIG MAXTOR 7200RPM UDMA 5
30GIG QUANTUM 7200RPM UDMA 4
CREATIVE LABS SOUNDBLASTER LIVE! VALUE
PLEXTOR WRITER 16/10/40
MATSHITA 50X CDROM

My Problem?????????

K Guys I formatted and reinstalled everything

No improvement :(

But on the upside I now know what the Problem IS
The VIA 4 in 1 drivers. AND the place i bought it from has a guy that works the counter who has had the same problem.
He has fixed it and from what he says it run beautiful now

But I can't get a hold of him till Teuseday!!!
Will let you know what happens!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back