Radeon 64mb DDR and CounterStrike

S

Sidster

Ok i've seen a lot of people with cs problems here. I couldn't fix my problem from what I read though.

I have a Radeon 64mb DDR VIVO and right before i installed XP (on my other harddrive) I downloaded the newest XP drivers for my ati card from the producer's website.

However, now my game runs sluggish. When I play in Win 98 i get about 72 fps, now I only get about 35. Is there anything I can do? Is there some new beta ati drivers somewhere that i should use?

I have Win 98 installed on my C: drive (40 gig)
and XP installed on D: (20 gig)

counter-strike is on my C: drive if that would make a difference.

i havwe the same problem... at first I thought it was the fact that WINxp by default with ACPI enabled puts way too many things on one IRQ channel. Well, i fixed this, now my IRQ table is back to normal again, but i still get the same lag problems... maybe XP just doesnt like the radeon and counter-strike mixed... I say this because when I play quake3 I get insanely fast frame rates.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back