Quit smoking

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Today is the second day for me without having a cig. my girlfriend has also quit along side with me.

It has been very difficult, the cravings and withdrawal symptoms are brutal.
I have lots of support at home and work but, I have to say Im having a hard time right now...:cry:

It's one of the toughest things to do. But realize that many have given up smoking (I believe Marge quit a few years ago) and been successful at it.

Good luck!

Good luck to you!

Personally I have never found how people think Smoking is addictive. I went though packs myself and enjoyed it until I wasn't getting nearly as buzzed anymore so I stopped, and that was it. I never got any withdrawals or anything. I still occasionally smoke at parties or when I'm around friends that still smoke. But it is not very often, maybe I didn't do it long enough... or maybe I just have weird genes... but I never felt that grip that smokes have on some people.

Stay strong. You'll be much happier once you can get over that proverbial hump.

yeah, good luck....

try to keep your mind busy so withdrawal isn't so heavy on ya :)

Carry a sledgehammer with you so you can smack that brick wall you hit after a while :)

Good job :) Just keep to out your mind as much as you can, and try not to count the days/weeks.

I quit 26 months ago and now it never crosses my mind, it's only when I read post like this that I realise I used to be smoker. I was lucky and found it extremely easy to quit, even though I'd been a smoker for about 25 years I NEVER suffered from cravings and NEVER suffered withdrawl.

I woke up one morning lit a ciggie, thought I don't want to do this I'm gonna quit and I did. I can tell you the exact date, day and time I had my last filthy smoke, 9.30am March 4th 2005...If I'd have known it was gonna be this easy I'd have done it years ago.

Stick with it, you'll feel fantastic in the end. I tell you something, after a while you'll discover for yourself how bad you used to smell :suprised:
:up:

Last edited:
Good luck tdinc! I hope it goes well for you, it's a good move.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back