Quintessential MP3 Player - I threw out WinAmp

I have been using QCD for about a year and a half. I even made a skin for it. It's called Kronus(my user name on other forums, is there a way to change my user name here?). How about some feedback on the skin if you try it?

Originally posted by Hematic
Maybei am doing some theing wrong, but does that obnoxious CDDB little red box come up every freaking time you try to open a song??? How the heck can i disable it. I turend the cddb plugin off but it still says "powered by gracenote" and all that crap

Hmm, I only saw it a few times when I first installed Q. I haven't seen it the last time I started Q. I am now at school, but I can check for you at home what setting I have disabled.

Hmmm I shall have to give QCD a new go I am a religious user of version 1.27 for a few years now (audio cd playback only) as that has been very small simple and totally configurable. Winamp 2.xx is usually my port of call I like some of 3 but am always disappointed by configuring the thing so back to winamp 2 I always go….

Maybei am doing some theing wrong, but does that obnoxious CDDB little red box come up every freaking time you try to open a song??? How the heck can i disable it. I turend the cddb plugin off but it still says "powered by gracenote" and all that crap
I only got it when installing and when looking at the cddb section of the plugins? are you actually playing CD's with it? I've only tried oggs/mp3s...

Originally posted by Joe
I have been using QCD for about a year and a half. I even made a skin for it. It's called Kronus(my user name on other forums, is there a way to change my user name here?). How about some feedback on the skin if you try it?
Nice skin.
Send either ElectronicPunk or Jewelzz a PM and they will be able to sort out a name change for you :)

I heard about this just last week, fancy that. I am wondering if there are alpha shadow settings (perhaps a plug-in), for some of these skins' edges are not copacetic.

Edit / Additional: I do notice this player seems to abhor my explorer, since it somehow malforms it, (removes the bars on the top, does not allow me to navigate, etc). Hmm.

I'll start using another mp3 player if it supports winamp2 skins...

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Nice skin.
Send either ElectronicPunk or Jewelzz a PM and they will be able to sort out a name change for you :)

Thanks.

It's a good player, but when I open my song folder (containing 1400 songs) it lags severely until it loads all the icons for the songs, unlike what I experienced with Winamp 2.95. Otherwise I love it.

I've never heard of this player. If it is as good as you say it is, I will definitely give this a try.

What happened with winamp 3 anyways? First day I got it, it was immediately uninstalled..

Winamp3? ick, evil. It's a good job they've dumped it to develop Winamp5 instead.

As for Quin player.. Still using it here :D

Q player can die and burn. That program gave me so many issues im done with it. Arg now that i uninstalled winamp i guess its back to finidng a good player.

I tested it for a few days, but I reverted back to Winamp (the new alpha version) for the following reasons:
1) My keyboard doesn't support it (Logitech iTouch), so I have to open up the program each time I want to change/stop/pause a song.
2) Slow startup time. I want to open it up and play. I used a playlist that was already present on my harddisk (so it doens't have to cache the names), I disabled the options that dynamically change the playlist when something is added to my Music folder, but it still took about 30 seconds for me to startup. Winamp does the job in 1-2 seconds.

Sorry.

try this: http://coolplayer.sf.net/ it's small, fast and simple ;)

I'm still using Quin here. :D downloaded anout half the available skins, as I've only got this and winamp5 installed, Quin's definately the more stable of the two, but I think that winamp2.9x is still my prefered player, due to its ease of use (maybe because I'm more used to it, maybe because it is just easier/nicer to use.. who knows)

attachment.php

Originally posted by Leedogg
I'll start using another mp3 player if it supports winamp2 skins...

There is a Winamp 2 to QCD skin converter out there.

Until it has the Lyrix Component, Im not touching anything else Im afraid :p
Im still a Winamp 3 junkie, I hate 2.xx (Im such a non conformist :confused:) because the playlist has never worked properly with ID3 tag reading and stuff.

Q player can die and burn. That program gave me so many issues im done with it. Arg now that i uninstalled winamp i guess its back to finidng a good player.

What issues?

I used Winamp for many years, until about 2 months ago when I found this really nice player called foobar2000. It is made a previous Winamp developer. He is very active and this player gets updated very, and I mean very often. It is a very minimalistic player for people who really only care about the music. The sound quality is great and it uses very little memory. It is great for me because I just put my 1000+ song playlist on random and throw it down into my system tray and forget about it.

I suggest some of you try it out...

Go to http://www.foobar2000.com

If you are used to Winamp and the skinning, it may take some time to get used to.. as it does have a pretty basic interface.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back