Quicktime with Firefox

frogg_mann

OSNN Addict
8) When the arcade was working, I tried to access the games and got a Quicktime Icon that was cracked in half. I'm thinking that meant that the flash wasn't working or quicktimes program wasnt or both not sur. I recently switched over from IE to foxfire and love it. Anywhoski, I tried going back to IE to see if that was the problem and it was. After switching back it worked so i downloaded every quicktime plugin for Foxfire i could find thinking that must be the problem but, Noooooooo such luck. Has anyone got an answer for this or maybe it was part of the problem that Lee found? Or maybe it'll help you find the wacker tryin to wack the arcade. maybe? Anyway I guess it won't matter for awhile, atleast until the arcade is back up and running. The arcade has given me a place to get away from work for a bit and the everyday humdrum and i love it hope you can solve the problem with the security hole soon. Thanks for listening, frogg_mann :rolleyes:

Did I say foxfire,, solly meant firefox. And i think that i should have posted this in the mozilla project. solly again. 8) frogg_mann

ok ..
1) flash an quicktime have nothing to do with each other .. they are made by two different companys. :)

2) When you install Firefox if you have quicktime installed the plugin for it will automatically be installed for Firefox ... you will however have to go to macromedia site and re-download the flash plugin ;)

I also have this issue, but I think it probably has more to do with the fact that I use quicktime alternative.

Move: Current Problems -> Windows Applications

Quicktime can handle flash, I'd imagine you have it set in your file preferences to do so, which would be why the broken Quicktime logo appears.

ok heres the haps on the apps i went to this security patch site http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
and low and behold the quicktime icon was cracked and showing at the top of the window. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm not sure of the connection but look for yourself i down loaded it and now i wait to see if it appears in the arcade with the same results. Is the arcade fixed yet? Dreamliner you mentioned you have an alternate could you share it incase this isnt my cure for the broken Q? that'd be awesome thanks a bunch.
frogg_mann

I see the arcade is up and running but im still getting the Cracked Q and no view. Checking my browser Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3 i find this error message
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE) [nsISupports.QueryInterface]" nsresult: "0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/alerts/alert.js :: prefillAlertInfo :: line 69" data: no] i havnt looked into it yet but i will. Any ideas if its related or what this is. I shall return with what i learn. adios ,,,,frogg_mann

in reply XIE i did reinstall the flash plugin, speedy_b are we speaking of the quicktime file preferences or the Flash pref's? Still in question about there affiliation via XIE's imput.
I really appreciate the help on the Cracked Q mystery. sherlock knomes r r r . aka frogg_mann

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back