QuickTime 7.2 (finally) includes full-screen support...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Apple has released QuickTime 7.2 for Mac and Windows. The update includes a bunch of bug fixes, updates to the H.264 codec, and oh yeah: support for full screen playback.

That's right, the free version of QuickTime has finally caught up to pretty much every free media player on the market. Up until now, if you wanted to watch full screen video using QuicktTme, you had to pay $30 for a QuickTime Pro license.
[Via DLS]

Download: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political Access
Wondered when they would finally include this.

However, doesn't run on Windows 2000 :(

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Great con they managed to keep it out for so long.
All those people that paid for the full version for this feature.

Well Dawn M. Fredette anyway.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
Wondered when they would finally include this.

However, doesn't run on Windows 2000 :(

Apple is forcing windows users to upgrade to Vista :smoker:

Sorry, just thought I'd get that in.

Guess it's almost time for me to stick QT back on my system, since I have a paid license and all that :p

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political Access
Apple is forcing windows users to upgrade to Vista :smoker:

Sorry, just thought I'd get that in.

Guess it's almost time for me to stick QT back on my system, since I have a paid license and all that :p

Works on XP :p

vertigo

OSNN Senior Addict
all these years they expected us to PAY for fullscreen playback, let alone a buggy, ugly, intrusive, out of place mess of a video player? unbelievable.

their h264 codec is one of the worst too, wonder what the "updates" are, not interested until there is at least a 50% increase in decoding speed and high profile support (the latter of which they really should've had long ago). and don't get me started on the speed and quality of their encoder...

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
their h264 codec is one of the worst too, wonder what the "updates" are, not interested until there is at least a 50% increase in decoding speed and high profile support (the latter of which they really should've had long ago). and don't get me started on the speed and quality of their encoder...

Apple didn't develop H.264. :ermm:

vertigo

OSNN Senior Addict
NetRyder said:
I think he's referring to Apple's implementation of H.264 in QT.

precisely :)

x264 and nero both are capable of high profile encodes. yet quicktime, which has the most resources behind it, not to mention a lot of business and likely the largest userbase, only supports up to main profile.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR