Quicktime 5.0

P

phall

I hope this is the right section for this question.

Anyway ,
has anyone out there experienced quicktime not displaying properly after the XP screensaver come on. The rean I ask is it seems that when ever the default XP screensaver comes on my system Quicktime becomes almost like a ghost image(no video but the mouse reviels the menu). Quicktime runs fine other wise as long as the SS doesnt come on.

Hmm, I've been runnin QT 5 pro for awhile now and never had that problem yet..have you tried a re-install? and is it just if the screensaver has come on at all? or if the saver comes on while QT is running?

Same QUicktime Problem

Hey Phall,

I am having the exact same quicktime problems as you, I have to restart everytime I want to view something in quicktime. Mine breaks when I log off my main account to let someone else log in. I am admin and 2 other accounts on my computer are admin and 2 other ones are limited. Quicktime works on all 4 of my other accounts, but not my main admin account. I dont understand why. Please contact me if you found something out about this odd problem, thanks a ton!

- Sav

on the acct that it doesn't work on...do me a favor and tell me if you have a process called qttask running

then log on a acct and see if that task is running or not..I think one of the quicktime required libraries might not be reloading itself on your acct..but this is a guess.

Quicktime problems

Hey, thanks for the reply :)

Yes qttask.exe is running on all accounts, but quicktime still doesnt work on my main account. What could the problem be? Its like a quicktime ghost image.

Thank you

on your mian acct, try killing qttask..if that doesn't work try doing a re-install while logged into that acct..sorry i'm runnin out of ideas :p

Thanks

Thanks for all the help, but it still wont work :(.

Anyone else have any solutions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back