Quick/Simple Help

ameilius

OSNN Addict
Ok - im working on a dell dimension - on-board video - bios is old, minimal features (no feature to use pci graphics card)

so im trying to get this new pci card to work in the machine, but alas, i cant get video out of it

the machine SEE's the card - latest catalyst drivers are installed.... but no video

card is good....

radeon 7000 - pci (i know, its complete junk - but customer wanted it)

no agp slot on the mobo

please help

Have you disabled the onboard video within the BIOS? Sometimes it won't output to another device if the primary in the BIOS is still set to the onboard adapter

Flash that BIOS !

DISABLE THE ONBOARD VIDEO CARD IN THE DEVICE MANAGER -
* Right click the My Computer icon
* Click Properties
* Click the Hardware tab and/or the Device Manager button
* Open the Display Adaptors. You should see the Intel video card
* Double click the listing for Intel whatever
* At the bottom under "Device Usage", click the down arrow and change this to "Do not use this device, disable"
* Click OK- Apply- OK
* Close all boxes when done
* Click Start- Shutdown- Restart- OK or Click Start- Turn Off Computer- Restart

SOURCE

BOTH bios updates from a00 to a02 wont work - bios never updates....

trying the disabling thing now.....

brb

even when i click disabled.....

windows boots back up... and no video until i plug it back into the onboard, it just has no colors etc.....

cannot get any video out of this freggin pci card - grrrrr

Try another PCI slot, hehe... I know what you are going through. Maybe a DOA vid card.

K try this:

RESET THE BIOS TO DEFAULTS -
* At the blue Dell screen, press the F2 key
* The message, Entering Setup should appear
* When the System Setup screen appears, press the F9 key
* Press the Enter key to confirm that you would like to load the defaults
* Right arrow over to Advanced
* Down arrow to Peripheral Configuration [press Enter]
* Ensure that all USB listings are set to Enabled or On except for USB Emulation which should be set for No Boot
* Press the F10 key to Save your changes
* Right arrow to Exit
* Down arrow to Exit Saving Changes and [press Enter] and reboot the system
* Once the blue Dell screen appears, power the system OFF
-or-
* At the blue Dell screen, press the F2 key
* The message, Entering Setup should appear
* Press the [Caps Lock], [Scroll Lock] and the [Num Lock] keys to light up all three lights on the keyboard
* Press the [Alt] and [E] keys at the same time. The system will emit a beep tone to indicate that nvram has been cleared
* Down arrow to Integrated Devices [press Enter]
* Set everything to On except for USB Emulation which should be set for No Boot
* Press the [Esc] key, and then [press Enter] to save the changes and reboot the system
* Once the blue Dell screen appears, power the system OFF

i tried another slot...

OK!!!! update ---- i got some video out if it after disabling and setting the default monitor to the radeon7000

but i can see nothing but a shrunk desktop image - no icons, functionality

Now go after the latest ATI Drivers. Delete (uninstall the card) from Device Manager, and reboot. When Windows says WHAT THE F&%K and sees the new device, point it at extracted ATI drivers you've expanded somewhere in a folder on your drive (anywhere)

Now go after the latest ATI Drivers. Delete (uninstall the card) from Device Manager, and reboot. When Windows says WHAT THE F&%K and sees the new device, point it at extracted ATI drivers you've expanded somewhere in a folder on your drive (anywhere)

trying that now

whenever i reboot, i get no video again

bios is reset to defaults....
intel card is disabled (although, this is the only way i can make changes, by plugging into the onboard adapter)
ati is set to default, but only picks it up AFTER i log into windows and switch it physically from the onboard to the pci plug

just installed .net 3.0 so i can fully install the latest catalyst etc

thats all installed FYI
ill wait for your response

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back