quick question

M

moooo

Friends box keeps rebooting when it should be about to start windows. It detects the hard drive/cdrom drive and all. He just finished windows update and then it started doing it. Not sure what exactly the problem could be.

boot sequence:

ram check/del for bios
dects drives
after that it just reboots when it should say "loading windows 2000"

Not sure if he should format the drive and/or it could be ram/powersupply gone bad.

-moooo-

I would start by resetting the BIOS. I do not think it's a Windows thing.

nope =(

i reset bio and no luck. i just gonna format his box. He prolly did something stupid and/or his box is a piece of poop anyway (one of the pcusa mobo amd900duron with pc100 ram :p) so he gets what he paid for.. $250 he shouldn't expect the greatest box in the world

If it isn't even comming up to "Loading Windows" then it may be something else altogether. Try booting to something else, even a floppy or CD just to make sure it gets past the POST.

Does it detect the drives properly?

If you need something to boot with (and have the recources available to download and burn it) then grab DamnSmallLinux from here: http://damnsmalllinux.org/
I often use it if my machine wont boot as a test and/or quick backup operating system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back