Quick question rgarding CPU fans for a AMD XP1700+

M

Masaki Ando

What would the best CPU fan for a AMD Athlon XP1700+ that has the lowest noise, best cooling power, and under $20? (tax /shipping not included)

Actually, for AMD processors, the standard heat sink and fan that comes with retail purchases work great. Try searching websites for AMD's heat sink and fan (they are under $20). I recommend that you shell out just a little more and get a better one though.

Not many fans supporting Athlon XP 1700+ has less than 30dbA noise...:mad:

Also, why do some fans have speed control? Won't that defeat the purpose of having a fast fan to make better cooling?

speed control lets a fan slow down when the temps aren't so high... when you're just surfing the net or listening to music, when loud noise is most annoying. when the cpu is under load and the temp goes up, so will the fan speed.

Is there any fan that is suitable for my CPU and has the noise just about the level of a fan for AMD K6-2?

Has anyone ever heard about some kind of "Sound Dampening Mat?" I wonder how much noise it can reduce...?:confused:

Originally posted by Masaki Ando
Has anyone ever heard about some kind of "Sound Dampening Mat?" I wonder how much noise it can reduce...?:confused:
good point... i've thought about that, myself. wouldn't placing something like dynamat on the inside walls of a case help with sound? well, dumb question, i guess... it would have to... that's what it's for.

might go buy a few squares of it and try it someday.

I have got dynamat in my machine ( the search for peace and quiet si almost complete ! ) It is only useful if you are experiencing vibration noise. IE cheap case :D

For silent cooling up to XP2000 look here...

Silent cooler

I should point out That I have now got the machine as quiet as you're going to get, but at a price.

For complete quiet your going to need a Silent power supply, silent case fans, and hard drive quietning.

But this is all ruined as soon as you use a cd rom ( mine sound like a 747 taking off ) Oh well :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bytes back
I have got dynamat in my machine ( the search for peace and quiet si almost complete ! ) It is only useful if you are experiencing vibration noise. IE cheap case :D

For silent cooling up to XP2000 look here...

Silent cooler
looks like a sweet hsf. 25dB! :eek: :D
are both fans blowing the same way or towards each other? looks easy to change, but which is more effective?

can't find it on pricewatch or anything... how much does it go for?

Both fans blow inwards, this then comes out of the top just begging to be sucked out by a case fan.

As for temps, I have a 1600, It keeps it at 27C no load 35 Full load

I paid £30 for it

Suppose if I am to choose between Volcano 7, Volcano 5 and Dragon Orb 3, which one would be better, noise wise?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back