• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Quick question for outputing x-fi to home system

Would I need 3x 2.5mm jacks to RCA for each output on my sound card connected to my home system?
I tried testing the subwoofer out.. but on my home system I only have one RCA jack for sub and one on center, so I connected the sub out to those outputs, but when I test the sound I get nothing.. its really weird... the only input on my home system is DVD.. which has the surround rca inputs.

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
which x-fi did you get ? if you got the one with the seperate box(asio) you can use the lead with that to go from the pc to that box and then a tos link or rca cable to your home system

well I figured it out.
I have a x-fi without the IO console... so I bought 3x 3.5mm jack to RCA and had each output to the designated outputs on my home system.. but if I use my home system I must set it to multi-channel and not SURROUND.. which is weird but it works...I also had to run the assignment wizard in the THX settings of the x-fi.

thanks anyways

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies