• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Quick launch gone!

T

TonyH

My quick launch has disappeared!! Right clicking on the task bar, properties, selecting quick launch and then apply does nothing. It just unselects itself again. Is there some way to fix this aside from re-installing XP?

T

TonyH

Yes, it is the only one which does this. If I try to select quick launch from the tool bar menu, I get the error message:
"Cannot create toolbar"

P

Powerchordpunk

mine goes away after reboot for 2 out of 3 of my accounts. The account which does have it saved (and all other desktop user settings for that matter) is the original account from before i upgraded to xp. The other two i added later. I can always just turn in on for every windows session, though.

P

pc_tek

might try to do a repair of IE6. If i am not mistaken the Quick Launch feature is part of IE.

M

Mister Zee

Check this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

If it's missing, you got your answer.

T

TonyH

You were right! The folder was missing. I recreated it and its working now.

Thanks for your help.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar