Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political Access
Whats best
GeForce 7300GS 256M PCI-E 64bit
OR
Radeon X700EZ 256M DDR2 128bit

cheers :)

I guess no one else wanted to hurt your feelings Khayman.

They both suck. Each only has 4 pixel shaders,
-the 7300GS has a 64 BIT memory interface that is laughable these days.
-the 700EZ only uses 266 mhz DDR which is equally embarassing.

I would not recommend either. At that kind of performance I'd look for an under $50 card or on board video.

You won't find anything decent for under $120.

BTW The slow response on video card questions is because there are now dozens of versions of each GPU. Each made more brain dead than the last so they can hide the fact that the average price for a decent video card has jumped from $150 to $200 and now $300 over the last 2 years. Yes, that is 200% inflation in 2 years.

Nobody is bothering to do comparioson benchmarking on these junk cards with weird numbering systems and high prices so it's making life difficult to compare them.

Sounds like the inflation of gas prices.

I just asked a comparison of old cards, but man not this bad lol

$200-250 gets you GREAT performance
less $ - only fair
x800xl works Great on hardest (graphic load) game - bf2

greggustin said:
$200-250 gets you GREAT performance
less $ - only fair
x800xl works Great on hardest (graphic load) game - bf2

You must have low standards of performance. My x800xl is barely adequate for BF2 and that's at 1024x768 and several image quality settings cut back.

I would go for the X700, although the drivers (at least in my experience) aren't that great compared to the Nvidia ones - at least you get a 128bit memory bus, but it doesn't sound like youll great performance with either.

I currently have a radeon x800xl running with my athlon64 3000+ with 1gb ram and I play BF2 at 1600x1200 with everything set to high and 4x aa and all that and it runs just fine, nice and smooth and no problems.

Course, my settings may not be all that special so I dont know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back