Questions regarding MS Longhorn scheme

wind3D

OSNN Addict
Hey folks...
I was wondering if this stuck out to anyone else...
It seems that the new colors for Windows will be black and white? I am not saying I dont like this, but whenever I see any screenshots, their is so much black and white in them...

Now I'm not a marketing expert, but my guess is that maybe Microsoft did a little research into colors and how they affect the brain before developing Longhorn. A lot of people use certain colors on their websites, presentations, etc. to emit a certain sub-conscious signal that says "Hey, I like these colors, I think I'm going to back this guy up with whatever he wants".

When I look at the Longhorn GUI, I say, "Hey, this is really simple, neat, and clean. I like it, I want it. Let's do this".

Edit: Now, I'm sure that Microsoft will implement a customizable GUI, as they always do (What's a shell without it), but it seems that they paid special attention to the colors black and white.

Well for one its only in alpha stage so alot of things could change from now til the final. Two I just looked at some screen shots and havent seen any with black and white like u say. Netryder seems to know more about Longhorn so you should wait and see what he says.

Well...i just hurried and looked at a site with them when i said that they didnt have alot of black and white. Plus i dont have the greatest memory when it comes to pics :).

That's because none of those screenshots are of Longhorn.
smile.gif

The two that you posted above are XP with Longhorn-inspired themes not created by Microsoft. The last actual public Longhorn alpha still wouldn't be able to give you a real picture of what we'll be seeing in 2006, since the UI in Build 4074 is still almost completely XP-like with very few changes and enhancements (mainly to the shellstyle).

The new user interface in Longhorn will use XAML and the Avalon APIs to create something that is completely different from anything we've seen so far.

:)...see i told you net knows everything about LH :p. I am thinking about reinstalling LH since my boot.ini had was changed when i reinstalled xp and now i cant choose lh as a option.

NetRyder said:
That's because none of those screenshots are of Longhorn.
smile.gif

The two that you posted above are XP with Longhorn-inspired themes not created by Microsoft. The last actual public Longhorn alpha still wouldn't be able to give you a real picture of what we'll be seeing in 2006, since the UI in Build 4074 is still almost completely XP-like with very few changes and enhancements (mainly to the shellstyle).

The new user interface in Longhorn will use XAML and the Avalon APIs to create something that is completely different from anything we've seen so far.

hows it different from anythign we've seen so far

prodj88 said:
hows it different from anythign we've seen so far
Avalon is built on top of DirectX, meaning that almost everything from the time you boot up your system to the time you shut it down will use your graphics subsystem for hardware-acceleration.
Now think of all the possibilities you can have with that. None of the builds we have seen so far take advantage of these capabilities. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back