Question???

S

Sceithamer

I just built a new computor and i installed xp pro. What happens is when i click on like my favorites you cant see anything unitll you run the mouse down the drop down. Hopefully you guys understand what i am trying to say.

Thanks for any help

Open IE/tools/internet options. Look for 'enable personalised favourites menu' & untick it. :)

lol I think you're suffering from a memory leak. Check Windows Task Manager.

I dont think you guys understand what i am saying. It dosnt matter what drop down it is. Click on start and you dont see anything untill you move your mouse over the area.

I also dont understand what you meen by a memory leak and how dos looking at my task manager help me there?

I am just getting more confused.

ok.
#1. have you gotten every windows update to date?
#2. do you have any programs running that modify the apperance of windows? like style xp.
#3. have you modded your system files like shell32.dll?

if you gimme some more info ill try my best to help.

I think it's the theme .. The inactive font color is the same color as the background color - change themes and see if that helps ..

OK here it goes.

I have all the available updates for windows and all my drivers have been updated.

I have done nothing to the computor. No mod programs. I loaded windows did all the updates and this is happening.

I have a asus a7v8x-x mb, Amd 2600 barton, 512 ddr Kingston (3200) ram, tachyon g9600 pro 128mb graphics card, 400 watt power supply, sony 52x24x52 cd-r, memorex 48x cd, Windows xp pro and i think thats it.

Thanks for help

Really don't know. Why don't you use an add on such as MYIE 2 then you won't have this IE favourites problem.

Just a thought... right click on your desktop and click properties, then go to the appearance tab, then click the drop down box for windows and buttons and select a different theme, click apply and restart and see if that helps. Might be a glitch in your display....

Let me know if that works..

Originally posted by goro4u
Just a thought... right click on your desktop and click properties, then go to the appearance tab, then click the drop down box for windows and buttons and select a different theme, click apply and restart and see if that helps. Might be a glitch in your display....

Let me know if that works..

This is what I said above - It appears that that was ignored lol ..

Whenever I think I have a problem after a reinstall of XP I run Sfc /scannow. It will check if you have all system protected files installed. click start run type it in with a space between c /. It will ask for the system disc. so I just put that in first and exit that program; don't remove it though. Smile.

i had a similar problem found tech support said my mouse was bad

whenever i clicked on something i had to move the mouse down

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back