Question

chastity

Staff member
Political Access
Would this link be consdired warez? You have to be regstired to access the download itself but I'm not sure of the cost or anything like that. My guess is its free based on what I've been able to find

Download Darwin 6.0.2 x86-compatible

No it is not Warez. It is Apple though not windowz (Darwin is the core for Mac OS X). :D

Why do you ask, is someone posting the link???

interesting... core of Mac OS X... x86 compatible..

Posted by o_87
interesting... core of Mac OS X... x86 compatible..

My thoughts exactly

and into reponse to Gonaads question no I was reading an email and check out the link and it listed as o_87 noticed an x86 compatible version of Mac OS X

[Quote from developer.apple.com]

What is Darwin? Darwin is the core of Mac OS X. The Darwin kernel is based on FreeBSD and Mach 3.0 technologies and provides protected memory and pre-emptive multitasking. Darwin runs on PowerPC-based Macintosh computers and a version is also available for x86-compatible computers.

Beneath the appealing, easy-to-use interface of Mac OS X is a rock-solid foundation that is engineered for stability, reliability, and performance. This foundation is a core operating system commonly known as Darwin. Darwin integrates a number of technologies, most importantly Mach 3.0, operating-system services based on 4.4BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution), high-performance networking facilities, and support for multiple integrated file systems.

Check it out for yourself:

http://developer.apple.com/darwin/

http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/darwin/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back