Question regarding previous posts(please read )

C

CANNONBALL

Hi ALL

As some of You are aware Iam experiencing a few problems (Thanks for the responses so far) However it has occured to Me that I may of thrown You of the help trail by stating in an earlier post that I had downloaded certain drivers,Problem being that I do not Know weather they were the correct drivers, if I installed them correctly or how to check that they were both the correct drivers and installed correctly.Further to this does anyone know how I can check if I have all the updated drivers that I need for My system.

Thanks again!

I just did a search of all your posts to date to see what's up. I see you're new to computing and I'll offer you my best advise... do a clean installation. You'll likely fiddle with the problems you're having endlessly until you do. Upgrading is not a real option to achieving a trouble free system. I know it seems daunting, but your learning curve will take a huge leap if you do the following:

1) make sure you have the very newest bios update for your motherboard flashed in;

2) look for firmware updates for cdroms and cdrws;

3) make sure you have several copies of dependable boot floppies that have the utilities you want to use (a Win98 boot disk is my personal fav);

4) backup all the data on your computer you don't want to lose (email messages, pictures, etc);

5) format and partition your hard drive (using either 'fdisk' or the drives setup utility disk - keeping in mind that formatting wipes a drive clean);

6) enter your bios and set it to boot to your XP installation CD (if it's an upgrade version then you'll need your ME installation disk available to 'show' XP's setup);

7) sit there and answer all those setup questions;

8) if you have fairly new hardware - enjoy your 'new' computer.

My advise is to study up on how to accomplish these tasks and take the plunge. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you do.

disclaimer: you SEEM intelligent so if you botch something and end up with a huge paperweight... I didn't do it. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back