Question regarding Dell 8400 (dimension)

efs555

OSNN Newbie
Hello everyone. I have a question for you all. I purchased Dell's new dimension 8400 for which I chose all the components to use. I had $1500 to work with so here are the specs: 3.0 Ghz p4 with HTtech. 800Mhz FSB; 512 MB of Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533 Mhz. 128MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE video card.

My question is why, when I run Halo for PC, does it still hang a bit on the highest settings? Also for Hitman Contracts? Admittedly, it performs much better than my old p4 1.6, but I assumed that this would take care of any hang-ups? I would appreciate your advice, Thanks!

Buff.

As stated above, the video card isn't too great at all, so I wouldn't expect it to run Halo 2 as the highest settings possible. Also, you'd be surprised in the performance boost one can get from an extra 512MB of ram, helps speed thing up a bit.

Gracie Lyons said:
As stated above, the video card isn't too great at all, so I wouldn't expect it to run Halo 2 as the highest settings possible. Also, you'd be surprised in the performance boost one can get from an extra 512MB of ram, helps speed thing up a bit.

Would my old GEFORCE2 FX 128 MB AGP work any better?

yah... as others have pointed out.. your video card is the bottle-neck...

your system doesnt take agp cards - ud have to buy a new PCI-E card (Pci-express). Something like an Ati X600XT Pci-E or the upcoming Geforce 6600

Q: re adding internal media card reader to Dell 8400

I am buying a Dell 8400 and want to add an internal media card reader with 1394 port to the front 3.5" bay. Does anyone have sggestions for readers and/or installation advice? Thanks, George

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back