Question on setting up vista

ejn74

Average Dude!
Political Access
I currently dual boot winXP and Suse 9.3 using the bootloader for Suse. I would like to just add vista and make it triple boot. Does anyone know if running through the install of Vista will change the bootloader to what vista uses or would the Suse Bootloader still be the one in use?

From what I can see when dual-booting XP/Vista, the boot menu looks slightly different to that if I dual-boot with 2 copies of XP. So, my guess is that the system will use the bootmanager of the last installed OS.

That is what I was think as well.

Does anyone know of a way to make it so that doesn't happen withoit starting over from scratch?

I am not as familar with Linux. Does anyone know off hand if Suse 9.3 uses lilo of Grub by default?

I am not as familar with Linux. Does anyone know off hand if Suse 9.3 uses lilo of Grub by default?
I think recent versions of SuSE default to GRUB, but I'm not certain.
Check if you have a /boot/grub/menu.lst file. If you do, you're using GRUB.

I know I am using GRUB as a boot loader for 10, so you are probably using the same for 9.3, If you still have the Suse cd or dvd you can use it as a rescue cd or odwnload the first Suse CD and use that as a resce cd to restore the GRUB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back