Question on proccessor and mobo need opinion bad!!

P

psx2000

Ok im running a XP 1900 and planning to buy either

XP2400 or
Intel 2.8 ghz

Now i got a few questions

Is intel 2.8 a lot better then a 2.4?

Cause i notice it got a 512 fsb and well its 2.8ghz vs 2.4 amd

Also does Intel Rambus run fast then DDR is its RAMBUS 800 vs DDR 400?

And finnally if i do with intel 2.8 what is the best mobo for it ?

well you have a few problems there.... first of all the RATING of the amd is 2400+ and it performs as well as or better than a pentium 2.4ghz processor..

when you compare the 2.8ghz p4 with a 2800+ then you are on even footing..

2800+ has 333fsb btw and performs as good as or better than the 2.8ghz p4... it should also cost less when it pops out on the gray market..

rambus 800 v/s ddr 400 I would go with the ddr 400 but right now for pentium's ddr is not as optimized as rambus...

for amd systems you don't get rambus...

obviously if you are looking to build that system money is not an object for you... I would instead go with the rambus 1066 which is faster... :)

fastest machine today with AVAILABLE parts 2.8ghz with any good board so long as it is RDRAM capable...

why dont you wait a while and get the 3ghz p4 with hyperthreading im sure it will be better than an amd plus is supports rambus which i think you should go for..all the best with your buying

When is the 3ghz supposed to be out?

And what is hyper Threading?

hyperthreading makes your processor behave live asif there were 2 of them ...atleast thats what i undestood from an article and the processor debuts on 14 november...for more on hypertherading visit intel.com or search the xp-erience forums.

currently only windows xp,2000,media player 9(corona)and adobe photoshop 7 support hyperthreading ..but all new versions will support it soon

Wow nov 14... bah so so far away.... trying to be patient.

Is that a paper release or guaranted release date?

omg 657$ is too much that would work out so Rs30576 in my country's currency...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back