question on firefox

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
im trying to view a ftp site. when i to it it says error 530 anomynous cannot log in....my question is how can i "log in" to the FTp site. i tried a google search but didnt find much. any ideas?

It seems the ftp's admin has disabled anonymous login on that site when going through pure ftp(e.g. ftp://ftp.site.com ). Try using something like http://ftp.site.com. If that doesn't work, it seems to me you 're out of luck.

Last edited:
Firefox has a funny FTP login, its looks something like this: ftp://<user>@<address>/

for example, I use this for my local server ftp://crazy_carl@192.168.1.102/

Hope that helps

zekmo that worked but i have another quest. using firefox seems like its only read only. i need to be able to upload files to it. i know IE does this fine, but ive got customers who use firefox. any ideas?

zeke_mo said:
Firefox has a funny FTP login, its looks something like this: ftp://<user>@<address>/
Funny? That's the standard way. IE does the same. :)

HTTP won't work unless the server has an FTP wrapper through a web server.

FireFTP was slow as hell when I tried it, so I'd recommend using a separate FTP client. Filezilla will work in most cases.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back